Français
cvitpvolunteer

SOAP extension library

I am volunteering with the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program and trying to E file participant's tax returns but getting the following message:

Error Code: The SOAP extension library is not installed. The files can be found on the Ufile CD in TOOLS\Soap3.0ToolKit.

Anyone else get this or know how I correct it? I don't have the CD but downloaded the software instead.

Please remove and reinstall UFile 2013.

To remove UFile for Windows, follow these instructions:

1.  Go to "Start".

2.  Go to "Settings".

3.  Select "Control Panel".

4.  In the new screen , select "Programs and Features".

5.  Locate UFile 2013 and click "Remove".

6.  Locate UFile Updater 2013 and click "Remove".

7.  Locate MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430) and click "Remove".

8.  Locate MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688) and click "Remove".

9.  Locate MSXML4SP2 and click "Remove".

10. Locate Soap 3.0 Toolkit and click "Remove".

To reinstall, download the latest complete installation of UFile 2013 from this link:

http://downloads.drtax.ca/ufile/UF2013EGYH34U86GA23WHUS4/UFile2013.exe

NOTE : Do not choose "Run". Choose "Save" and save it to your Desktop, then run (re-install) it from there.

If you have Windows Vista, 7 or 8, please try running the program as the Administrator. To do this, hold down the SHIFT key and right-click the shortcut to UFile 2013. Select "Run As ..." in the drop-down menu and choose to run it as the Administrator.

Guest Trista

if I uninstall and reinstall ufile will I lose the tax returns that have been done?

Guest mikejan

I have used uFile for years, and this year was my first disappointment:  I received the same message per above (missing SOAP file).  Unfortunately I was so surprised by my submission being rejected and seeing this error message that I didn't think to research it first; instead I shut down the program, restarted, and tried to submit again.  I received a message from the CRA telling me that I had already submitted my return.

I'd like to know now what this means:  Did the CRA truly receive the return the first time and the SOAP error showing a CRA rejection was wrong; or was there an issue with the return, and the CRA message that the second attempt was a duplicate does not recognize that the first attempt was unsuccessful?

Please advise.  Again, really disappointed with uFile this time around.  Clearly many people are receiving this error - where's the quality control?

Guest mauro

I have used uFile for years, and this year was my first disappointment:  I received the same message per above (missing SOAP file).  Unfortunately I was so surprised by my submission being rejected and seeing this error message that I didn't think to research it first; instead I shut down the program, restarted, and tried to submit again.  I received a message from the CRA telling me that I had already submitted my return.

I'd like to know now what this means:  Did the CRA truly receive the return the first time and the SOAP error showing a CRA rejection was wrong; or was there an issue with the return, and the CRA message that the second attempt was a duplicate does not recognize that the first attempt was unsuccessful?

Please advise.  Again, really disappointed with uFile this time around.  Clearly many people are receiving this error - where's the quality control?

I had the same experience today and also had the message from  CRA saying it was already submitted. Did you call CRA to find out if it was transmitted correctly? what was the outcome?  Thanks 

Guest frustrated

same problem.  except I can't even uninstall and reinstall SOAP.  Stuck on "ERROR: 1325".  After years of flawless use, this years UFile is totally broken.  

Guest greenvet

I've tried all of the above and still no luck.  Is there any way I can just obtain a copy of the missing SOAP extension files toolkit?

Guest Usersince2006

I have done all of the above and still cannot file my tax returns.  

However, then I try the option of filing the tax return manually (by saving the file to my computer, then going to the CRA netfile site), I am able to file one new one and obtain a confirmation no. from another one that I thought was lost in error transmission.

If you have similar problem, may be try to file the .TAX file manually through CRA site rather than spending time fixing the soap library error.

Guest Long time UFile user

I have done all of the above and still cannot file my tax returns.  

However, then I try the option of filing the tax return manually (by saving the file to my computer, then going to the CRA netfile site), I am able to file one new one and obtain a confirmation no. from another one that I thought was lost in error transmission.

If you have similar problem, may be try to file the .TAX file manually through CRA site rather than spending time fixing the soap library error.

I have the same SOAP issues when submitting my tax return automatically.. followed the instruction above by uninstalling and reinstalling the program.  It is still not working.  Tried the manual submission, CRA website said they cannot process my return because "our records indicate that we have already received your return".  Very frustrating.  Did CRA receive my tax return or not???

Why didn't the Ufile update fix the problem?  What are the updates that we got every so often?

Guest Long Time UFile user

Just to add to what I just said.  After submitting manually, I got a confirmation number.  I then went to the CRA website to check if they received my tax return (using Quick Access - you need to provide SIN#, DOB, and Line $ on your 2012 tax return),. it says "Your 2013 return was received.". So I guess they did receive my tax return??

I have the same SOAP issues when submitting my tax return automatically.. followed the instruction above by uninstalling and reinstalling the program.  It is still not working.  Tried the manual submission, CRA website said they cannot process my return because "our records indicate that we have already received your return".  Very frustrating.  Did CRA receive my tax return or not???

Why didn't the Ufile update fix the problem?  What are the updates that we got every so often?

Guest Jim Huziak

The suggested fix by 'Gabriel' worked fine for me, but I will be checking to see if this was handled before purchasing next year.  It would go a long way toward customer loyalty if Ufile explained or at least acknowledged the reason for the error so those who had problems were left with a little confidence in the software.

I too received this "soap" error yesterday.  I didn't uninstall the software but I decided to submit my file manually through the CRA's website instead.  When attempting this, the site advised that my file had already been submitted, and provided me a confirmation number.  I called this morning, and spoke with a CRA agent who confirmed receipt of my submission.  This suggests to me that reinstalling the software wouldn't have helped me.

Guest Bertrand

Same issue. Using a windows XP machine.  Re-installed the soap toolkit to Microsoft.  Did not help.

Installed UFile 2013 on a windows 8 machine.  Same error.

Tried Netfile using the manual option.  Got a confirmation number but it says I already filled my tax....

I called CRA and spoke to an analyst.  My tax return had indeed been received.

I have been using UFile for quite a few years, but this annoys me enough to consider other options next year...

Guest Kay Pedrosa

The beauty of using Ufile was the ease of putting the information into the program, and then the program did the work for you.  How disappointing that this SOAP issue has cropped us.  I guess I'll be using another program next year as none of these "fixes" worked for me....but when manually netfiling, it said the return had already been filed.

Get a patch out please Ufile!

Guest Greg

Normally I am the first to shout the praise of UFile.  It is incredibly frustrating when you send an email to support though, and you get an auto reply that has nothing to do with your question.  This soap extension is a problem and needs to be fixed.  There should be a link right on this forum, right on the main support page, and a fix needs to go out where people get the functioning Soap Extension Library and it needs to be done immediately.  If not, I am sure many, including myself will be using other products next year.

Guest Susie

I have the same message of SOAP extension telling me to download from my CD but I bought online so no CD to use. I am reading what everyone else is doing and will the CRA file online but very disappointed. 

I have called the tech support line twice and it is long distance so not sure on the charges as was on hold. Left a message but no call back. 

Second problem is I bought online 2 additional returns to submit as I have done 4 and cannot add them in with the key number as the ok button is grey and cannot be clicked.  NOT GOOD AT ALL 

NOW What I do, I will never buy online again, totally frustrated.

Please follow the instructions below to install your activation key in order to add returns to UFile's counter:

1. Run your UFile program.
2. Go to "Tools", and select "Add extra returns...".
3. Click on the "+ Add new key" button.
4. Enter your activation key, and then click "OK".
5. You should see your tax return counter increase accordingly.

I encounter the same problem, have followed the "remove" and "reinstall" procedures, then Netfile again. Same error.
Then I file manually, have the same experience as other users had. Now I wish CRA has received my copies in whole piece.
So many hours have been wasted in this problem. I'm busy enough....

I ran UFile with Windows Vista last year. It was fine. I'm using Windows 8 this year. 

It looks like some users are getting a SOAP error even though their return was successfully transmitted.

I assume that the NETFILE module is erroneously reporting the SOAP module as missing even though it’s not.

We are running tests as I write...

Add me to the list of people that received the SOAP error while trying to Netfile.  I did do an update check about an hour ago and received the SOAP error when Netfiling.  Very disappointing.  I know this is not my software installation problem as I have my Ufile records for 2010, 2011, 2012 and now 2013 on this computer.  Not sure what the programmers changed.  I anticipate that Ufile will offer some kind of compensation in order to retain customers for next year.

Guest Guest

Please follow the instructions below to install your activation key in order to add returns to UFile's counter:

1. Run your UFile program.

2. Go to "Tools", and select "Add extra returns...".

3. Click on the "+ Add new key" button.

4. Enter your activation key, and then click "OK".

5. You should see your tax return counter increase accordingly.

I have tried this but the box to click "ok" is grey and not accessible? I can only click on cancel.

Guest mikejan

To update this, when I checked the next day after posting this message, the CRA was showing that they had indeed received my return.  Today my refund was posted, in the expected amount.  I didn't bother calling them (per uFile's advice) because I figure they are overwhelmed with phone calls owing to the HeartBleed issue.  Point is, without doing anything differently after encountering the SOAP error message, and leaving things as is, it worked in the end. 

Just now, the same problem, and the ''SOAP'' module is not even on the disc I purchased. WTF. So much for this advice.

I should add that I was previously able to file three returns without any problems, and now on the fourth, I got the message that it did not go through.

Tried to file ''manually'', and received a message from CRA that I cannot do this, since it was already filed. They supplied a confirmation number. Best now to wait until the CRA will send out it's assessment.

But wouldn't it be nice if Ufile would have a patch for this obvious error!!

Guest ME

SAME SOAP EXTENSION PROBLEM HERE AND NOTHING IMPROVED WHEN I USED THE LINK.

I SUPPOSE I SHOULD HAVE JUST USED THE SAME PRODUCT AS I DID LAST YEAR INSTEAD OF TRYING UFILE.

SO FRUSTRATED, DISAPPOINTED AND INCOVIENCED.  DOING TAXES IS STRESSFUL ENOUGH WITHOUT HAVING THESE ISSUES.  :angry::(:mellow:

Guest Marg

Same Soap issue for me, as of an hour ago. Even ran UFile Updates. Like many above, stunned that my file was rejected by CRA. Given the feedback above, I am unsure if I should bother to remove and reinstall. I am almost sure that my file did not go through to CRA. No other solutions since March 26?

Administrators, do you have a clear solution or patch for us yet?

Guest Carlis

This is a disaster.  Ufile should be sending everyone an explanation and a refund for next year.  Used ufile since the very beginning but silence will lose all the loyal customers. 

Where is the customer service?  We're talking about income tax money here.

Not a word from Ufile.  Shame on your company!

We have posted several times about this issue on several different platforms so I think it's fair to say that "silence" and "not a word" are simply not true.

Nonetheless, we are very sorry that you are having difficulties. How can we help you exactly? Did you follow the above procedure? Have you sent a request to support@ufile.ca?

Thank you for your cooperation.

We are presently in the process of trying to resolve this issue.

If you experience it, please do not hesitate to contact our support service and provide us with the file: nfresponsefile.

You may find this item in the following path C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp or %TEMP%.

Copy and paste the file into your email request.

I'm on the same boat, and quite frustrated/confused.

I received the missing SOAP library error.  I then proceeded to file "manually" (instead of "automatically" which generated the error).  However it said it could not process it because it said that it was already submitted.

Gabriel, without having to go through calling CRA, I would like to know if this means that my return was filed successfully the first time around?

I had the same problem...

When I went to manually file it says that it's already been filed, for both federal and qc provincial. 

Is there anyway to know for sure it properly went through?

Am also having problems with this and no benefits from suggested actions. SOAP error prevents filing (and checking with CRA etc there is no record of file submission).

Advice is to

reinstall SOAP - does not work - an error is reported and installation stops

remove ufile and reinstall - can uninstall all components except SOAP - same error reported no progress

so where to go now - cannot uninstall / reinstall etc

have tried registry fixes - no benefit

Am almost at the point of either reformatting the drive to reinstall from scratch (not what I want to do for just one software tool, though taxes are kinda important) or trying to use turbotax / HR block software or something else that can read the Ufile data correctly so I do not have to reenter everything.

I had the same problem where CRA rejected my Netfile due to absence of this application. I downloaded and installed from the MS site (but could have done so from CNet as well).  That did the trick.  Thank you!

Yes, you can contact the CRA and your provincial agency. Normally, anyone receiving the message that the return has already been filed, it's true.

The manual submission to CRA failed because it said my return had been submitted. I checked in my CRA account, and it said my return had been received too. Hopefully it isn't a false message caused by UFile.

The manual submission to Revenue Quebec was accepted. 

We have the same problem too. Our return got rejected due to missing Soap Kit 3.0 and this download link solved the issue. After downloading the two files, I run the Soap 3.0 installer and chose the REMOVE option. When done removing the "old" soap kit I then next run the other installer. After the installation, I restarted my computer, run the Soap 3.0 installer again and run UFile application, send the tax return and it goes through successfully!

Here is a link that worked for me when I had the same error:

http://support.drtax.ca/KB/faqs-windows-english/source/webpages/kpt240-20080707124444ca.htm

It's now April 28 and this problem isn't fixed yet.

Just like other posts, the error tells me to install SOAP 3.0 from tools/soap, which doesn't exist on the disk.

I've been using UFile with no problem for many years now, this is really upsetting.  I'm going to assume my returns are filed and hope they actually have been.

I read all of the above as I too, encountered the SOAP problem. Found it when I tried to automatically use Net File last night.  Much trial and error and tribulation, I turned to this forum. Bottom line, I used the manual button, and saved the form as a .TAX file and was able to transmit to CRA and rec'd the confirmation of receipt. Where I stand now, after using this software since 2004, is that if Ufile does not communicate a repair or patch for this problem by the time I need to buy my software for next year, I will find another brand.  I really don't want to as I love Ufile for its interview process, simplicity of use and how well it maximizes my refund. That being said, getting a message that I can't Net File due to a software issue, this late in the tax season, is a deal breaker for me.  Lets hope that a fix is done, and Ufile communicates to its customers that it has been done, or I fear many will change brands. Just my nickle's worth ( as we don't have cents any more).

Gabriel, thanks for your response. Is the use of the SOAP toolkit new this year? Have other tax software producers had the same problems? I don't know the answers to these questions, and maybe the answers would go some distance to making us users feel a bit better.  However, having the had the problem, and having followed the instructions generated by the programme, and encountering even more problems installing the toolkit, it was frustrating to say the least. I guess the issue for me was that I followed the instructions generated by the software, and the problem continued, to the point that I could not instal the toolkit and move on. Please don't misunderstand me, anyone can have a problem with their product or service, we are, after all, human.  It is what one does to correct or mitigate the problem that tells a customer that they should come back.  All I was trying to say in my post was that the company should communicate with their affected customers that they are aware of the issue, and intend to fix it before the next iteration of the software is issued for next year's tax season.

Hi Starchy,

Thank you for your feedback. We are aware of the issue and believe that we have found a solution to the SOAP error but more testing is required on our end.

Unfortunately, I doubt that we will be able to release the fix for this year but we definitely intend to for next year's tax season.

I have finished updating ufile and  attempted to netfile on May 5.

Rejected by CRA.

The problem still  exists ,unable to file due to SOAP.

The problem has existed  for  quite some time.

Using the latest updates and still the problem persists.

This is not  acceptable.

We are very sorry that you are having this problem.

Have you tried the following fix?

Please download and run both of the following components that will correct the error (in the order specified):

http://www.ufile.ca/download/ufile/support/MSXML4SP2.msi
http://www.ufile.ca/download/ufile/support/Soap%203.0%20Toolkit.msi

If you are prompted to choose among the three options "Modify - Repair - Remove", choose "Remove". When the targeted files are removed, you will then simply need to install the components again.

Ok.

Followed above instructions and rebooted.

My return shows rejected, because it was previously filed ???

Got  a confirmation number though.

How it was previously filed who knows.

It was always rejected by CRA due to SOAP

Wife's return no problem.  Was accepted right  away and  received confirmation number.

But never tried hers previous to above workaround.

---

What a nightmare and what a time waster.

I'll still have to confirm with CRA  by  phone to see if my return really was accepted.

How uFile received Netfile certification is beyond me, as even with latest updates it is hopelessly broken.

I have the CD but there is no Soap toolkit undr tools!!!!

After following the instruction sent to me by support : removing program and other files and rei-stalling from link, received the same message but then it said that file had been received!!!

question...

do I need the soap toolkit? because when I followed that link there was no soap 3,0 toolkit re-install

why is the toolkit NOT under tools on the CD version???

Please download and run both of the following components that will correct the error (in the order specified):

http://www.ufile.ca/download/ufile/support/MSXML4SP2.msi

http://www.ufile.ca/download/ufile/support/Soap%203.0%20Toolkit.msi

If you are prompted to choose among the three options "Modify - Repair - Remove", choose "Remove". When the targeted files are removed, you will then simply need to install the components again.