Français
Sign in to follow this  
ahm

T1204, Home Expense

I had a short-term contract with a government agency in 2013. I received T1204 in which the net income has been reflected. What is the best way to report this income? Since there is no way to add T1204 slip, one suggestion is to declare it as a self-employment income using T2125. If this is the only option, do I need to reflect my home expenses in the form T777 and have it signed by my employer? If filing T777 is a must, can I send it electronically together with my tax file in Ufile? Your help is greatly appreciated.

The T1204 slip is the summary of government service contract payments information issued by all federal government departments, agencies and Crown corporations to an individual, partnership, small business or corporation that provides goods or services under contract.

Although the program does not generate the T1204, you declare your income as self-employment income in the program using Form T2125, so that you can claim eligible expenses in return for contract payments regarding this self-employment income.

To do this:

1- In the "QuikClik Navigator, located on the left-hand side of the screen, click on "Interview setup".

2- Then, in the page appearing on the right-hand side, select "Self-employment business income" and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

3- Back in the "QuikClik Navigator", click on "Self-employment income" and then, on the right-hand side page, select the option that applies to your activity.

For more information, consult Guide T4002, Business and Professional Income, by clicking on the link below:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/t4002/