Français
Sign in to follow this  
michaeljamous

Income in T2125 not being recognized

Hello,

I have entered an additional income amount on the T4A form. I then added the T2125 under Self Employment and the same income amount as professional income here, but the program is still telling me I cannot Netfile because I must report the income on T2125. How can I rectify this? Thanks.

I think I'm having a similar problem. This is on T2125 - Business form - 

Basically I have a partnership business we both own 50% and we pay ourselves a certain wage each depending on how many hours we work.

I'm going to use sample numbers here.

In "Other Costs COGS" or the same thing occurs in "Direct Wage Costs"

I put in $30,000   (this was the lump sum paid out to my partner and I for our hours)

Than, down below

in "Payments to self included in expenses"   - I put in my part of those wages  $13,000

in the next box

"Payments to partners included in expenses" I put in what my business partner made $17,000

Netfile adds the whole $17000 here to my business income. I do not understand why.

Can anyone help me?

Thank You

If the income in the T4A is in box 020, it must be reported as a commission self-employment and the amount must be entered in the appropriate line in the income section of the T2125. 

If the income in the T4A is in box 048, it must be reported as a business or profession and the amount must be entered in the appropriate line in the income section of the T2125. 

Well, I tried to do some control comparison and found out that it is fine with just one T4A and the corresponding amount reported on the T2125 form. However, if I have two or more T4A issued by different companies, if I put down the total of the T4A on the T2125 form, the program cannot recognise the figure and will keep warning me: it must be reported as a commission self-employment and the amount must be entered in the appropriate line in the income section of the T2125.

How to resolve this issue??