Français
Mandy001

Completing T2125 - For Epicure

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to understand how to fill out this form.

I have a F/T job, but I sell Epicure (like Pampered Chef, Scentsy) on the side and it is strictly Commission based.

I have called a number of different support lines through the CRA and am having no luck.

I would love it someone could walk me through this?

Thanks!

Mandy

T4A slip - Box 020 - Commission income - Self-employed

You have received a T4A slip with an amount in box 020 for the commissions you received when self-employed. It should be noted that this amount does not include taxes.

To enter this amount in the program, please follow the steps below:

1- In the "QuikClik Navigator" located on the left-hand side of the screen, select "Pension income, T4A, split pension".

2- On the page appearing on the right, select "T4A - Pension, retirement, annuity, and other income".

3- On the newly generated page, enter the amount from box 020 of the T4A slip on the line "Box 020 - self-employed commissions (report this amount as a T2125 - Commission income)".

4- Return to the "QuikClik Navigator" and click on "Interview setup".

5- On the page that appears on the right, select the "Self-employed business income" and click "Next".

6- In the "QuikClik Navigator", click on the line "Self-employment income" and, on the page appearing on the right, select "T2125 - Commission income".

7- On the page "T2125 - Business identification", enter the name of the business on the line "Name of the commission business (or your own name if the business does not have one)", then enter the other information in the required fields marked with a red asterisk.

8- In the field for "6-digit code from the North American industry classification system", enter the code that best describes your industry. If you do not know the code, click on the tool tip (the question mark) (?) on the right-hand side of the box to get it.

9- In the section "Income and expenses", enter $0.00 for the line "Gross sales, commissions or fees" and enter the amount in box 020 of the T4A slip in the field "Self-employed commissions (T4A Box 020)". If you have expenses, enter them in the boxes corresponding to their description.

10- For expenses, if your company is registered in the GST and HST (QST), these expenses must be entered before taxes to reflect the ITRs and ITCs you claimed.

The amount will be reported on lines 166 and 139 of the federal return, as well as on line 154 of the Quebec return and on line 25 of Quebec Schedule L, if applicable. The program will also generate federal form T2125, as well as Quebec form TP-80 if required.