Français
Sign in to follow this  
Neil

Opening a saved .tax file

Due to CRA's server shutdown I was unable to Netfile so I saved the files so I could load them into the program to Netfile later. I am now in the position of having to re-enter all the information for my wife and I in order to send the files to the CRA electronically. I have quite obviously used up 2 of the 3 returns I paid for.

I have been a UFile customer for many years. To say I am not impressed with this feature of UFile  would be an understatement and I sure as H..  hope your can solve this problem that the program has. I am not the only person who has been unable to open saved files.

Any suggestions on how to solve the problem would be appreciated.

I am not sure what feature you are referring to but this should be easily fixed. We can provide a key for additional returns.

You should avoid opening the .tax file. Only the CRA is able to read the file. If you wish to view your return, you will need to download the .PDF file.

The file you can open with UFile is the .u13 file (for tax year 2013).

In order to print/view your return you must first login to UFile ONLINE under the tax year you want to print off, then once you are logged in please follow these steps.

1. Click "Tax return".
2. Right click on "Print or view complete tax return .pdf file".
3. Select "Save link as...".
4. Save the .PDF file to your Desktop.
5. Go to your Desktop, and double click the .PDF file.
6. Adobe Acrobat Reader will open. From here you may go to "File", and then "Print", to print out your return.

Please send a request to support@ufile.ca so we can clarify the issue. Thank you.

But in order to print the .PDF file I will have to re-enter all the information into UFile again, which Is what I wish to avoid.

Most annoying!!!! Why should I have to purchase more returns when every other program on my computer is able to save a file and then open it at a later date or time.

I am sorry but I really don't follow.

Why would you have to re-enter the information?

Also, I am not suggesting that you buy more returns, we can provide a key for additional returns for FREE if a problem occured.

As explained in my previous post, UFile does save a file that can be reopened by the software at any time, it's the .u13 file.

Thank you for clarifying...

Hello, I would like to revet a PDF to .tax so I can make an adjustment and review my tax return for 2018 and then submit through netfile. 

I only have my tax return in PDF form for myself and another person and am trying to make adjustments but the UFILE will not open the files and I am stuck. 

What can I do to review and adjust my two returns that I am working on?

Also second question, Can I revert a PDF tax return to .tax file to open in UFile?