Français
Aaron

Double counting world income?

I am filling out the "Statement of world income" since I was away for part of the year. In it, I reenter the income I made during that time. At the end, however, it adds the (same) income I declared in my T1 schedules, effectively doubling the income during that time, so that my net world income is way too large. This in turn affects the credits I'm allowed, e.g. on my quebec form. What is going wrong here? Should I not have declared that taxable income on the T1?

Are you suggesting that the income i made while I was not a resident should not be entered in the TP1? 

The statement of world income has entries for all of the income made during the time I was not a resident. Hence the re-entry. 

To report a foreign income or foreign property, please follow the steps below:

1- In the "QuikClik Navigator", located on the left-hand side of the screen, click on "Interview setup".

2- On the page appearing on the right, choose "Foreign income or foreign property" and click "Next" at the bottom of this page.

3- In the "QuikClik Navigator", click on "Foreign income and property".

On the right-hand side, you can select the item based on the foreign income or property that applies to your situation and complete the page accordingly.