Jump to content

Foreign income

Recommended Posts

i have foreign income from 2 different countries. I have paid foreign tax from one of those countries less than $200. I would like to combine them on one form as per  the T2209, so i can benefit from the greater income to calculate the foreign tax credit. Can I do this?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have another question about foreign incomes.

I arrived to study last year.

In August 12, I came to Toronto for one week, invited by my advisor. Then, in September 1, I moved to Toronto.

When I came back to Peru, in August, I get the last payment of a previous job, so in Peru the billing date was August 31.

My study permit says that I arrived in August 15...

So should this payment be included in the non-resident period or in the resident period?

If CRA ask me later about that, which documents should I show them? Something to prove that I start my canadian ties after september 1, or something showing that the job was done before August 15?




Carlos Alberto

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...