Jump to content

Where do I start looking for .u12 file?

Recommended Posts

Thanks Gabriel.  Today I had access to my old computer and found the file in "Documents".  The question I have now is whether I can carry forward data from .u12 into .u13 which I have already started (without wiping what I have already entered into .u13).


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately no. Carrying forward the .u12 file will wipe what is already there.


The amounts carried forward can be found in the PDF or paper copy of the tax return from the prior year, in the sections "T1 Comparative summary", "TP1 Comparative summary" (for Québec residents) and "Summary of carryforward amounts".

NOTE: A portion of the amounts carried forward (RRSP, tuition fees, capital gains) can be found in the Notices of Assessment from the CRA or from Revenu Québec for Quebec residents.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...