Français
Sharonliu

Why I can't transfer my tuition to my husband?

Students must claim their tuition, education, and textbook amounts on their return and apply the amount that is required to reduce their own federal tax payable to zero, before they can calculate and transfer an unused amount to an eligible individual, even if someone else paid their fees.

However, the student may be able to transfer part or all of these amounts to his or her spouse or common-law partner (who would claim it on line 326 of his or her Schedule 1), their parent or grandparent or to their spouse or common-law partner's parent or grandparent (who would claim it on line 324 of his or her Schedule 1).

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/ddctns/lns300-350/323/crry-frwrd-eng.html

Thanks for your reply. I'm just part-time study. The thing is in UFILE, i chose I transfer it to my husband already, however the result can't be change. I actually tried few options there- transfer, not transfer and some thing carry forward, but there's no change at result. Is this kind of glitch of Ufile? any chance you know?

If I had to file the return, but do I still get a chance to do adjustment form to CRA and still transfer it to my husband?

Thank you for your help..

I am not sure I understand. Like explained previously, the tuition fees will be used to lower your own income before anyone else's (mandatory). It's only the unused portion that can be transferred.

You can always file an adjustment (instructions are available in the help section)