Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Calculation of provincial tax for non-resident with employment income

Recommended Posts

Hope someone can help me with this situation.  My daughter lives and works in the UK.  She comes home twice a year and during this time in Canada she works on a casual basis at a hospital.  She therefore has Canadian employment income but the bulk of her world income (83%) comes from the UK.  I used U-file to do her 2013 taxes and got a different assessment than I expected.  Her NRTC were pro-rated (as I expected), except that the program didn't pro-rate her Canada Employment Credit.  More significantly, the program didn't calculate ANY provincial tax due (only federal).  I set her province of residence as "non-resident", and her mailing address as a "care of" in Alberta.  Her "residency status" is set as non-resident and I filled in Canadian source and foreign source income and noted the UK as her country of residence on the "emigrant" form under "immigrant, emigrant, non-resident". 


It would seem logical that she should need to pay provincial tax as well as federal tax so I don't have a problem with that - just am confused as to what I did wrong (if indeed I did something wrong) so that U-file didn't calculate the tax correctly. 


Any ideas??

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...