Français
amanda.aiken01

gst credit

Please can someone help me I am so frustrated, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. 

I'm just trying to sign up for the gst credit. I've been filing returns for a few years but I just never tried to get gst. 

I turned 19 in 2012 and my income for 2014 is 0 but I've worked in the past...I don't know if that affects anything? 

I thought I checked the right boxes but when I looked at the results, for the gst box there is nothing. 

I don't have a spouse so I don't understand what the problem is. I should be eligible.  

I have no clue what I am supposed to do 

I tried googling but I must be doing something wrong.  

Hello,

You do not have to claim the credit for GST / HST, including related provincial credits and benefits. When you file your tax return, the CRA will determine your eligibility automatically and notify you if you qualify.

Enter your marital status and, if applicable, information about your spouse or partner, the number of children you have, and the net income of you and your spouse or partner.

The credit will be paid to the spouse or common-law partner whose return is assessed first.

For more information, please visit the following link:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/rc4210/

It will be possible to obtain an estimate for the GST / HST credit including related provincial credits and benefits, to do this, follows these steps:

In the "QuikClik Navigator" to the left of the screen, select  "Controls" and on the page generated to your right, choose the line "Do you wish to have the estimated GST/HST credit (including any related provincial credit)?'' In the field on your right enter "Yes''

The program will generate in the ''Tax return'' tab, the pages estimaiting your crédits for GSt and HST or provincial related credit..