Français
Sign in to follow this  
moda

Lost all information for 2013

I just started 2014 tax tonight, then tried to copy the information from 2013 ( x's address etc) so I loged in as 2014 and 2013 then sudden both years information became same ! So I lost all information for 2013 now! Please help !!

I thought that had happened to me also so I looked at the previous year comparison and saw the 2013 info effectively under 2013. Then I went to the 2014 income window and saw it was empty, which was correct as I had not entered any info. Check that out; you many not have lost the info

If you open two or more tax files from different tax years at the same time, it can cause your tax data from the current year to be overwritten. We therefore strongly recommend that you do not open two or more tax files from different years at the same time. If you need to review information from the previous year while doing your current year's tax return, you should first save last year's tax return as a PDF file, and then open the PDF file. The other option is to manually write down the information you need.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do if you have accidentally overwritten your tax data. There is no automated tool that can restore it. You will have to manually re-enter your lost information.

Please help...I have the .u12 data file for ufile 2012. We printed the T1 General and sent it to CRA.  My computer died with the 2012 program on it and CRA did not receive the file.  Is there anyway to get a pdf of the data with all the forms need to send in?