Français
ViNesvarbu

Cannot netfile need to confirm schedule 1-A amount 498

I cannot netfile and message is:

- You have to confirm that the spouse or common-law partner amount on line 498 of Schedule 1-A is NIL

- You have to confirm that the amounts transferred from your spouse or common-law partner on line 499 of Schedule 1-A is NIL

My spouse had income and I had income, so in MaxBack controls I specified:

Claim the family tax cut?
    Let MaxBack decide

If the Family tax cut is claimed, please select Yes to confirm that you had a child under the age of 18 at the end of the year. (see your Schedule 1-A)
    Yes

If applicable (click ? for details), please select Yes to confirm that your spouse's taxable income is NIL. (see your Schedule 1-A, line 497)
    No

If applicable (click ? for details), please select Yes to confirm that the spouse or common-law partner amount is NIL. (see your Schedule 1-A, line 498)
    No

If applicable (click ? for details), please select Yes to confirm that the amounts transferred from your spouse or common-law partner is NIL. (see your Schedule 1-A, line 499)
    No

Note: Tax return for my spouse does not have schedule 1-A, and I do have schedule 1-A with values specified for 496 and 497 lines, but no amounts for 497 and 498.

Still, why I cannot netfile?

Point Number 1 from my little experience!

Since your answer in the below question is NO, so you have to include an income for your spouse, otherwise answer YES.

If applicable (click ? for details), please select Yes to confirm that your spouse's taxable income is NIL. (see your Schedule 1-A, line 497)

No

I'm having similar problems.  I am not eligible for the Family Tax Cut, so have indicated: Do not claim the family tax cut.  All questions in that section have been selected as No.  It still says I have to confirm, and will not allow me to Netfile.

Actually, I've tried every combination of answers in this section - nothing changes. It seems like a glitch to me.

I have the same problem. I would like to use Family cat and my wife has an income.

UFile wants to tell that her income is Nil in order to let me NetFile my return. I don't see this Nil requirement in the CRA documents.

Does anyone overcome this problem?