Jump to content

Business Income / Loss

Recommended Posts

I work full time, run a part time home based business and I am a partner in a retail store.

I have done the first two for many years and got it all covered tax wise.

The retail store partnership is new and I need to know how to account for it.


In year one I only earned a few hundred in salary, but invested close to $10k in the businesses.


Do I enter it into UFile as a Self-Employment Income?

In which case I appear to need to do a full corporate income tax return with sales COGS, expenses etc. We will be sending the company taxes to an accountant, so I do not think I need to do this on my personal taxes.


Or do I not account for it at all and leave it to the corporate accountant?



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a partner you must report the income earned from partnership under self-employment income if you did not receive a slip or T5013 if you have recieved it.


The contribution you have made is not tax deductable;therefore, does not affect your income tax return.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...