Jump to content

Tuition and education amount transfer

Recommended Posts

I live in Quebec and have an adult daughter studying in Ontario who transfers to my Federal return $5000 of unused tuition and education deduction. Quebec has a similar deduction but requires that the child have a RL-8 tax slip and report it on Form S. Living in Ontario, she does not receive a RL-8 nor file a Quebec return. Does this mean that I cannot claim the transfer? As it happens, when I claim the transfer on UFile for my Federal return, it automatically inserts it on the Quebec one as well. Should I let it stand, assuming that UFile knows best?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...