Français
Sign in to follow this  
Liveez

Hard Drive crashed

My hard drive crashed and now have a new installed operating system Windows 7 from XP.  All files files for prior years were recovered.  I have the original disks but having read issues on reinstallation like compatibility with internet Explorer ( I have 10 now I believe),  Can you please help me for the right procedures to reinstall the latest Ufile down to the 2005 or 2006 years.  I did use Qick tax at some point and that maybe 2005.  

Please also let me know the complete set of files tha Ufile needed for each tax return.

Please advise.

Manay thanks.

UFile 2006 and 2007 are not compatible with IE8/9 (or later versions), but the following is a workaround that allows you to access prior versions of UFile without having to remove Internet Explorer 8/9 (or later versions).

NOTE: This issue has been resolved for 2008 and later versions of UFile for Windows.

Please note that the following solution has not been fully tested and it might affect the display of some characters in the knowledge base.

I have sent you the file dthtmllabeldll.xxx by email (to the address you used to register to the forum), it needs to be copied to the UFile 2006 and 2007 folders.

Procedure:

1 - Save the attached file to your Desktop.
2 - Rename dthtmllabeldll.xxx to dthtmllabeldll.DLL
3 - Copy this file to C:\Program Files\Ufile 2007\.

You will get a warning message that the file already exist, give permission to overwrite.

NOTE: This issue has been resolved for UFile 2008 for Windows and later versions. Apply the same procedure if you need to access older versions of UFile (C:\Program Files\Ufile 2006\).

***For 2005 and earlier versions, you must run with IE7 or 6.

===============
Note: If you do not see the file extension (.xxx), follow this guide to show file extension:

- Double click on My Computer. (Computer in Vista/7)
- Select Tools from the top menu. (Organize in Vista/7)
- Select Folder Options.(Folder and search options in Vista/7)
- Click on the View tab.
- Scroll down until you see "Hide extensions for known file types". Uncheck the box next to this option.
- Click on Apply, and close the window.