Français
Sign in to follow this  
awwawa

TAX RETURN REJECTED BY THE GOVERNMENT. Unable to access the internet. This may be due to a fire wall or a virus protection program

I get unable to access internet error when trying to file return. I've checked TLS 1.0 encryption is enabled. I'm using XP sp3 and have tried shutting off firewalls and anti-virus programs to no avail. Any suggestions?

The reason you are having problems could be because a firewall is present and is blocking the application from communicating with our server to receive the update. If you are running a software firewall, please temporarily disable it or configure it appropriately. Depending on your firewall, you may need to allow "UFile" or "secure.drtax.ca".

If you continue to experience problems downloading the latest update, please proceed as follows:

1. Completely close the application.

2. Download the latest version (which includes all updates) at:

http://downloads.drtax.ca/ufile/UF2014EGYH34UFGHYA23WHUS4/UFile2014.exe

3. Save it to your Desktop.

4. Double-click the file you downloaded. When asked to "Repair" or "Remove", select "Remove".

5. Double-click the file you downloaded a second time.

6. Follow the instructions displayed on the screen.

NOTE: If you choose the second method, the firewall issue will still exist. However, you will have the latest version. Do not check for updates. If you are asked by the program to check for updates, do not do it. Instead select the option to continue.

I've tried all the variables I can think of. I'm not a computer nube. I've allowed the program in the firewall, removed and reinstalled the program with antivirus etc. turned off, totally shut off all antivirus and firewall, and connected directly to modem bypassing my router. I can only assume the problem is elsewhere. I've been netfiling since it's been possible and this is the first time I haven't been able to. I will not be using your software again.

The situation is not caused by the software...

Since WindowsXP is no longer supported by Microsoft, I would strongly suggest that you upgrade your computer.

If that's the case, then obviously it would make sense to tell us *before* we purchase this software that it is not supported on Windows XP.  With that knowledge, we can choose to go to TurboTax or another competitor where we will be able to file online.