Français
Sign in to follow this  
AndyCivil

I filed correctly. Do I also need to fill in a RC66?

I filed my taxes correctly (thank you) but someone has just suggested to me that in order to get the Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) I have to fill in a form called an RC66. This is easily available on the CRA website. Is this recommendation true? If so, I'm wondering how many parents are missing out on this!

Information you provide on your income tax and benefit return is used to calculate your CCTB payments. Make sure you file your income tax and benefit return on time every year, even if you have not received income in the year. If you have a spouse or common-law partner, they also have to file an income tax and benefit return each year. For more information, see application and eligibility.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/cctb/

Yes, I said I filed correctly (I should have clarified, my wife also). But that's not the point. I don't want to claim twice. When I filed with UFile, would claiming the CCTB have been part of that 'netfile' submission, or do I also have to fill in a RC66 form and send it in?