Français
Jin6

TY2015 doesn't carry information from past tax year anymore?

I have been using ufile since 2011.

Today I logged in and created 2015 TY file and to my surprise all my past year's information is not pre-populated. Basically I will have to re-enter everything including my name, sin, my spouse's information, past tax year information. This is really annoying.

But prior years (2014 and before) still have my complete information.

Please help. Thanks.

Re: the information from 2014 is not present in the 2015 account

When you cannot see the prior year information and the carry forwards in your 2015 tax return, please follow these steps, which will trigger a new conversion of 2014 into 2015:

• Sign in your account at UFile.ca with the ID and password you used in 2014
  • You will see under My Files the 2014 and 2015 tax years
  • On the right of 2015 click on delete
  • Enter your password and click on confirm
  • Create a new 2015, click Go!

Your 2015 file will be created again in the tax years list. Launch 2015 and check if the information is present this time.

The majority of the 2014 have been converted to 2015, but in case you still cannot see your information, we suggest that you enter manually the missing data. If you have carry forwards in 2014, please, enter your information in 2015 accordingly. Also, the best place for carry forward amounts is the Notice of Assessment received last year from the government, after filing your 2014 taxes.

I am having the same issue!!!

I have been using this software since it first launched!!!

I need to carry forward my tuition and a lot of other things that I have claimed for my daughter and for myself.

In the past, this was always done automatically. I see in the "Getting Started" tab, it says that you can submit your Ufile account by browsing and uploading the *.u14 file. But as I go back to my previous tax year 2014, I cannot save an electronic file anymore. It is no longer saved when converting to Netfile.

Will this be resolved? I would have to use another source for processing my taxes, as I have thousands of unused tuition fees and other expenses that I need to carry forward.

Please advice if you will be fixing this glitch and allowing for the 2014 year transfer to the 2015.

Otherwise it would be too complicated for me to figure out and do manually.!!!

Thanks

Danielle

Virtually the same issue - when I log int o my account, it reopens 2014 and doesn't even provide the option to choose 2015.  I'm using the Online version since I'm on a Mac so there is no tax file to import, but I can't seem to launch 2015 with the 2014 data carried forward, a rather large pain when in the end I will do 10 returns for family members

Gaetan, the "fix" you posted doesn't do anything. It just creates another 2015 file without carrying forward the information.

I sincerely hope they fix this - I've been using Ufile for years and if I have to start all over from scratch, I think I may give my money to someone else this year. I don't have the time to figure out all my carry forwards and resent being told that I can just re-enter all my information like it's no big deal.

Re: the information from 2014 is not present in the 2015 account

When you cannot see the prior year information and the carry forwards in your 2015 tax return, please follow these steps, which will trigger a new conversion of 2014 into 2015:

• Sign in your account at UFile.ca with the ID and password you used in 2014
  • You will see under My Files the 2014 and 2015 tax years
  • On the right of 2015 click on delete
  • Enter your password and click on confirm
  • Create a new 2015, click Go!

Your 2015 file will be created again in the tax years list. Launch 2015 and check if the information is present this time.

The majority of the 2014 have been converted to 2015, but in case you still cannot see your information, we suggest that you enter manually the missing data. If you have carry forwards in 2014, please, enter your information in 2015 accordingly. Also, the best place for carry forward amounts is the Notice of Assessment received last year from the government, after filing your 2014 taxes.

This is not a solution.... Does not fix the problem.....

Gaetan, the "fix" you posted doesn't do anything. It just creates another 2015 file without carrying forward the information.

I sincerely hope they fix this - I've been using Ufile for years and if I have to start all over from scratch, I think I may give my money to someone else this year. I don't have the time to figure out all my carry forwards and resent being told that I can just re-enter all my information like it's no big deal.

Exactly how I feel!!!

Gaetan - this isn't solving anything since the only way I can create a 2015 file online is to create a new account !    But if the best answer UFile can provide is to enter all the data manually, I might as well switch products

Gaetan & all Users - this is what the Lack of Help Desk at UFile told me this afternoon:   "If you want to carry forward your information in UFILE 2015, you need to have .U14 file or you have to enter the information manually in UFILE 2014."

Now, since UFile Online does not generate a .U14 file, it seems that UFile is telling us that it no longer carries forward information from a prior year for online users.  Time to buy a different product, I guess.

I want to be fair and acknowledge that a support person from UFile did contact me and we talked through the problem.  And the issue was mine, not UFile's, as I had created multiple user names under one email account (to handle different sets of family members) and was getting the user IDs all wrong.  In other words, user error!

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

Just spoke with someone in support and they had mentioned that it had something to do with people who have changed their passwords. I had just changed my password, so I logged back into my 2014 account, changed my password BACK to my old password, and then logged in and followed the steps suggested above again (delete 2015 then recreate it) and everything carried over!!

Apparently the tech team is working on a fix for the end of next week but if you can't be bothered waiting this is a short term solution.

Cheers

Hi everyone,

do you know if the bug has been fixed? My 2015 return doesn't have any info carried over from 2014. The last two returns I did with in uFile online (2013 and 2014) are blank too.

I didn't change my password and i didn't create multiple usernames under the same email account

I sent a request to  help@ufile.ca yesterday but no response so far

What do I do?

Cheers

You can use the program to make an adjustment on a tax return that has already been filed. On the "Interview setup" page, in the "Other" section, check off "Adjustment request for a tax return that has been filed" and click "Next". "Adjustment request" will appear in the left side menu. Click this option and select the form you need to fill out on the right-hand side of the page.

You can also  contact the CRA to order the form that you will fill out and resubmit by mail or visit "My Account" at the CRA website (www.cra-arc.gc.ca/myaccount/) to complete the T1-ADJ Adjustment Request form online.

If you are using the program, you will have to print out and mail the completed T1-ADJ plus copies of any relevant documents.

You cannot transmit a T1-ADJ via NETFILE. The CRA will send you a new Notice of assessment after they have processed the adjustment.