Français
Paully

Save and Save as not saving and Carry Forward not Carrying

I have purchased Ufile 2015 for Windows and when I start the program at the main screen, When I click Updates, a dialogue box opens and no updates are done. If you click on Carry Forward the Browse option does search for file and .

If you cut and paste the file location such as D:\Ufile2014\TaxFile2014.u14 when you click Continue

It Actually  Says “Ooops, something has gone wrong would you like to start the Support assistance, Click OK and then the Check for Updates appears again…

If I enter information why can’t I save it or do a Save AS, or if I close the programs it doesn’t prompt me to save.

I have uninstalled and re installed and manually did an update UBxupdater,exe to v 1911 and no luck.

I had already entered my data, so nice the save or save option didn’t work

I have been using Ufile since 2009 and never had a problem until 2015

I have entered that information in the original question. Ufile 2015 for Windows

I have purchased Ufile 2015 for Windows and when I start the program at the main screen, When I click Updates, a dialogue box opens and no updates are done. If you click on Carry Forward the Browse option does search for file and .

If you cut and paste the file location such as D:\Ufile2014\TaxFile2014.u14 when you click Continue

It Actually  Says “Ooops, something has gone wrong would you like to start the Support assistance, Click OK and then the Check for Updates appears again…

If I enter information why can’t I save it or do a Save AS, or if I close the programs it doesn’t prompt me to save.

I have uninstalled and re installed and manually did an update UBxupdater,exe to v 1911 and no luck.

I had already entered my data, so nice the save or save option didn’t work

I have been using Ufile since 2009 and never had a problem until 2015

Updates will only run from the file ubxupdater.exe and not the menu.

I just did another tax session and it won't save it or Save AS. Or it does and I don't know where.

What would the file extension be for Ufile 2015 would it be ..u15.

Hi Paully,

Which version of Windows are you currently using? Have you done all the Windows updates?

Could you please be more specific on this. I have the same issue. Windows patches contains several that are optional. If you are telling me the new version of Ufile depends on Windows Update better will get a new provider. Old software works perfect always, it was light, fast and did a perfect job. The new "web" version is really bad, slow and hard to follow.

Please resolve this problem ASAP or let us know if it won't be resolve to don't waste time working doing my taxes and then \i won't be able to save my work, what a waste of time.

Thanks

Hi,

I have similar problem: I used to enjoy UFile and it used to work smoothly for 10 years for me (I'm a very loyal customer!), but now I cannot even open any file: the Open menu simply doesn't work. In addition, "Carry On" button is not working, and it used to be populated with previous year's file. When I populated a sample data, it didn't save (or maybe saved data, but couldn't re-load anyway). Completely unusable software. My machine is Win 7 64 bit very powerful machine (older OS for stability reasons, but it is supposed to be fully supported as per requirements!).

Overall, new GUI interface design is really bad: very slow (even on my very fast scientific calculations machine) and looks really unprofessional. It seems looks for network in every step (so, slowness seems contributed to other reasons than performance of the computer). Maybe, it supports touch-based tablets, but, really, who on the earth would be happy using a tablet to fill out hundreds of numbers for a complex tax return! :(

Just from my professional experience (I'm in IT and went through many-many projects): every time the decision is made to move from native interface to generic Web-based interface, it it disastrous. It's just a question if senior people accept that, and, typically, such people never accept their fault. But even if they by some miracle do accept it, reversing back to native interface requires much more efforts and money than just gradually continuing improvements.

Please, let us (multiple of us apparently) know if we need to switch to alternative vendor, if no one can reproduce those problems in your QA, and therefore, no one works on fixing them.

Thanks

Igor

Basically UFile for Windows 2015 uses .NET Framework 4.5.2 which requires at least Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1 or later.

If you're using Windows 7 without SP1 you might encounter issues with some of UFile's menu options (save, carry-forward, etc.).

Could you please be more specific on this. I have the same issue. Windows patches contains several that are optional. If you are telling me the new version of Ufile depends on Windows Update better will get a new provider. Old software works perfect always, it was light, fast and did a perfect job. The new "web" version is really bad, slow and hard to follow.

Please resolve this problem ASAP or let us know if it won't be resolve to don't waste time working doing my taxes and then \i won't be able to save my work, what a waste of time.

Thanks

I have the same issue. I am using win 10. I have emailed, tweeted and tried to get help using ufile in facebook, but I think the Ufile guys not even know there is a problem because they don't even take time to contact their customers. Besides having a very bad software, they have a very poor customer service. I am very frustrated an desappointed of you Ufile.

Hey all,

I've got some workarounds that can help you avoid losing data with this issue.  Be forewarned, this is pretty technical.

I was able to carry forward my .u14 file successfully into .u15 using this method:

• open file explorer and browse to the location where the .u14 file is
  • shift-right-click the file and select 'copy as path'
  • go back into ufile 2015 and paste the full path in the 'carry forward file' field.

Then I filed my tax return as normal, but I wasn't able to use save or save as to get the .u15 file out.  Here's how I worked past this part:

• do not close UFile--if you do the data will be lost.
  • in all the following instructions replace <username>, <filename> etc. with the appropriate values for your machine.
  • use the Windows search tool to find the 'raw' data currently being used by UFile under "c:\users\<username>\AppData\Temp\ufx\<filename>.u15.tmp"
  • while UFile is open, this temp file exists but is locked for regular copying.  If you close UFile to unlock the file, it will be deleted.
  • Download RawCopy from here: https://github.com/jschicht/RawCopy.  Use the "Download ZIP" option, and unzip the resulting package on your computer.
  • open an administrator console for your local machine:  tap Windows key; type 'cmd' but don't hit enter; right-click the entry labeled "cmd.exe"; select "run as administrator".
  • browse to wherever you unpacked RawCopy (example: 'cd C:\Users\<username>\Downloads\RawCopy')
  • run this command: 'RawCopy c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Temp\ufx\<filename>.u15.tmp c:\Users\<username>\Desktop\<filename>.u15'.

The RawCopy utility uses low level disk operations to get past the Windows file locks on the UFile temporary file.  Under the hood, this temp file is exactly the same as the .u15 file you would be carrying forward by hitting 'save' or 'save as'.  You can confirm that it worked by double-clicking the file after it's been copied.  It should open a second copy of UFile 2015 with all the same data in it as the first version.

It's complicated, but it's the best I was able to come up with that didn't involve stuffing all of my data back in.

Happy hacking,

Mark

My fix for windows 7 was related to the compatibility issue as well.  

Right click on Ufile 2015

Click on Troubleshoot compatibility.

When prompted open the program.

Try the save as - it should now work.

Go back to the compatibility wizard and click next and save the changes for the file.

Should be good to go, going forward.

I have had no problems saving or using Save As since I did this.