Français
ex_brit

Can't Netfile - Get Weird Rejected Notice

Netfile is rejected with the following error, what does it mean?

Rejected February 26, 2016 11:44 AM

The 't1rq:FileReturnRequest' start tag on line 1 position 191 does not
match the end tag of 't1:T1Return'. Line 1, position 966

Edit: Solved:

Go under the ‘’Interview’’ tab and ‘’File progression’’ on the left side menu and remove all dates entered. Please leave the page blank and you will be able to NETFILE with no issues

I received the same message!  I filed my husband's return and it went through no problem.  When I tried to Netfile mine, same "Rejected" message occurred.  Tried several times and same message.  However, when I checked "My Account" through the CRA website, it said that my Tax Return was received.  So, it seems that even though Ufile states it was not submitted, it in fact was!  Check your account on the CRA website directly!!  Chances are they've already received your return:)  Good luck!

Hello le0,

In order to solve this issue, please update your software to the version 19.15. To update your program, click "Get latest updates" button from the "Start" tab, and then "Check for Updates".

Then try to NetFile again and if you still have the same error, please contact CRA to confirm if they received your tax return. 

Unfortunately, you might still see the same error message but the tax return should be received by CRA.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you ex_brit

I have tried a few times to file my 2015 tax return using the netfile, but got rejected. The message said something like "the underlined connection is not available due to error at the receive". I updated the ufile to the new version - 19.15. But problem persists.

At UFile, our highest priority is the security of your tax information. We have determined that the following operating systems no longer meet the minimum requirements to ensure a safe electronic transmission of your tax information:

1. Windows XP is not supported by Microsoft; and

1. Vista is no longer fully supported.

With this in mind, we can no longer support Window XP/Vista and we encourage clients to use Windows 7 or later.

If you are unable to upgrade your operating system, you can use UFile ONLINE, with the latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, in order to prepare your return.

If you already purchased the Windows version of UFile, we can compensate you with a voucher.

Unfortunately, if you are a PRO user, you would need to upgrade your computer or contact our support group to make an arrangement.

At UFile, our highest priority is the security of your tax information. We have determined that the following operating systems no longer meet the minimum requirements to ensure a safe electronic transmission of your tax information:

1. Windows XP is not supported by Microsoft; and

1. Vista is no longer fully supported.

With this in mind, we can no longer support Window XP/Vista and we encourage clients to use Windows 7 or later.

If you are unable to upgrade your operating system, you can use UFile ONLINE, with the latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, in order to prepare your return.

If you already purchased the Windows version of UFile, we can compensate you with a voucher.

Unfortunately, if you are a PRO user, you would need to upgrade your computer or contact our support group to make an arrangement.

So can we get a voucher/cheque for the amount we paid?   Interesting, on the Turbo Tax web site they support Windows XP and Vista. Why doesn't Ufile?

the tax program will not support my lappy using vista????? So I tried to send it to CRC once a month ago then got busy and said forget it then I tried last night again, same problem, tax filing rejected, so today I tried and still rejected, I was like hmmm... lets check so I did... I finally found the answer here ... that they don't support vista... WTF!!!!!! like they could not have told me in the message???? the program could not have said hey you are using vista... instead of blaming the government... cause it is their fault all the time...

Instead of maning up, and telling me directly on the program hey you cannot net using this OS get a new one. Or saying hey we have a problem here is the work around. you would have left me hanging for however long i was willing to wait until I got desperate and printed my returns or went online to find this answer?????

this is not right.

This is not customer service this is the opposite.

Far as i am concerned this program just lost me as a customer. I will try the competition, I cannot imagine them to be as horrible as you guys have been

I am having the same problem with one of my Returns. I am unable to remove the date as suggested to try to fix it. I am running Windows 10 on a new computer so that is not the problem.

I have two other Returns that came up with major errors because I used "autofill" so I had to also redo those following advice on another thread from a user.

Why is Ufile not fixing the software? I have used it for years, but with these issues I expect it will be the last year I use it. Clearly Ufile is aware these problems are happening, so fix them!

I have tried a few times to file my 2015 tax return using the netfile, but got rejected. The message said something like "the underlined connection is not available due to error at the receive". I updated the ufile to the new version - 19.15. But problem persists. 

From reading this forum it seems like the 2015 software cannot be run on except on Windows 7 which i do not have

Just a comment on some apparent mis-information I read above.  I received the reject error as well.  "The underlying connection was closed. An unexpected error occurred.".  I was disappointed to read above that VISTA is not supported.  However, after emailing support they indicated that Vista Service Pack 2 would work (which I had) and they sent a link to update the Ufile program.  I had to copy and paste the link into my browser and run it.   After that Ufile worked OK.  Note also that the program update feature in Ufile had indicated I already had the most recent version but no.  Hope this helps.  To Update my Vista to Win7 would have been a major hassle and I would loose Windows Mail.  So PHEEEW - thanks support.

Hello,

In order to transmit your return via NETFILE with your Vista based computer, please make sure to download UFile v19.21 from the following link:

http://cdn.drtax.ca/ufile/UF2015EDYT34UF3E4A23H7ZS4/UFile2015-1921.exe

(Make sure that there’s a dot (.) between 1921 and exe).

Your Windows Vista version must also be up-to-date with Service Pack 2.

To find out which version of Vista you are currently running, click on the Start button, right-click on Computer, and then click Properties. If Service Pack 2 is not installed, please follow the procedure below:

• Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.

• In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.

• If any updates are found, click Install updates. [Administrator permission required] If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hello,

In order to transmit your return via NETFILE with your Vista based computer, please make sure to download UFile v19.21 from the following link:

http://cdn.drtax.ca/ufile/UF2015EDYT34UF3E4A23H7ZS4/UFile2015-1921.exe

(Make sure that there’s a dot (.) between 1921 and exe).

Your Windows Vista version must also be up-to-date with Service Pack 2.

To find out which version of Vista you are currently running, click on the Start button, right-click on Computer, and then click Properties. If Service Pack 2 is not installed, please follow the procedure below:

• Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.

• In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.

• If any updates are found, click Install updates. [Administrator permission required] If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

My windows security scan won't allow me to download the link provided above as it says the file is unsafe. How do I get around this?

Alternatively I have another laptop with windows 7. I can run ufile on it but does this mean I will need to re-enter all the tax information in again? How can I bring the file with all my tax data already entered on my Vista laptop to my laptop with windows 7 on it?

Thanks.

Hi wes,

If you wish to transfer your tax returns to a new computer, please follow these steps:

1- Transfer the data files from the old computer to the new computer. These files' names have the extension ".uxx", where xx are the last 2 digits of the tax year (e.g. .u08 for 2008, .u10 for 2010,...).

2- If your tax returns were also saved as .pdf files, you can transfer them as well to the new computer.

NOTE: For security reasons, we suggest that you transfer all files using a USB memory stick.

Netfile is Rejecting, I get the following message;

"The underlying connection was closed. An unexpected error occurred." 

I have tried a few times over the last 24 hours. Any and all suggestions appreciated.  

I too am having the same issue. IS there something on the CRA site I need to do?

I am getting the following error "the underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.", 

no errors or issues identified just the frustrating error that is not letting me nettle. 

any ideas?

I also get the same message and I have seen this message in other  threads

File rejected using Netfile 

the underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send

I tried another software I have and get the same message - I use Windows 10. Therefore it cannot be a UFILE specific error. I did in fact netfile 2 weeks ago with no issues.

Same here - I get on Ufile 2016 when sending: "Rejected" - The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send"

It seems to relate to what I see here on CRA My account (http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/myaccount/)

"System maintenanceThe CRA’s online services, including the ability to electronically file your taxes, are temporarily unavailable as a result of system maintenance. Please check this page for updates. Thank you for your patience."

All that being said this is very poorly handled as a user-friendly message.

I received Netfile rejected with an error code 2197 for both mine and my wife

Please verify the following lines found on the Schedule 7: 1) Make sure to enter the amount of unused RRSP/PRPP contributions available for 2016 from the Canada Revenue Agency's (CRA) records on line 1 of Schedule 7. This amount is: $0. 2) Make sure to enter the total of the RRSP/PRPP contributions made after the first 60 days of 2016 and no later than the first 60 days of the following year, on line 245 of Schedule 7. 3) If necessary, make sure any contributions you are designating as a repayment under the HBP and the LLP are correctly indicated on line 246 and/or 262 of Schedule 7. Once you make the necessary changes, try sending your return again. If the amount of unused RRSP/PRPP contributions available for 2016 in the CRA's records indicated above is incorrect, please call the Canada Revenue Agency’s Individual income tax and trust enquiries.

I validated the information and entered $o on every line that did not have an amount, however I still get the error and cannot use Netfile. 

i have encountered this same issue but with the 2017 ufile tax.. Netfile rejected with that same weird message and I can't get any help from ufile...I have been trying to reach them via phone and 2 support requests.  I also entered my query as a new topic on this forum but have had no replies.

I tried the suggestion of GO TO "Interview tax", then "file progression" on the left side menu and remove all dates entered, leave page blank, then you should be able to netfile.  I cannot find FILE PROGRESSION on the left side menu or anywhere. 

Can someone help me with this please and thankyou.

I am trying to submit my first tax return and getting below error , any idea

The information sent to the Canada Revenue Agency doesn't match the 
information currently on record. If you still get this error after your 
second attempt, please call the Canada Revenue Agency's Individual income 
tax and trust enquiries line at 1-800-959-8281 for further details. Note: 
Your account will be locked after five unsuccessful attempts