Français
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

UFile 2015 Won't start on Windows 10 Computers

We have used U-File for many years. We recently upgraded all the computers to Windows 10 and also new HP Hardware. I purchased U-File 2015 from Staples and performed what looked like a successful installation, but when I go to run U-File, it does not load.  I uninstalled it from the computer I would nomally use and tried another with the same results.  We need to get this running so that we can estimate contributions.  Is there an issue with with Windows 10, HP or AVG software?
Thanks

I also have this problem as of this morning after using the program before going to bed last night.  It worked fine yesterday and not today.  I have tried everything as per RaymondC above but it doesn't work.  Everything else on my laptop works including the 2014 version. My IT person at work has even ran through everything that he can think of, I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still will not open. 

Help please as I have taxes to finish.

I turned AVG back on, and U-File 2015 still runs (as of last night).  I am wondering if there is an interaction with Windows 10 and preview builds of Windows 10?  

Brandyout, try running U-File 2015 in compatibility mode with Windows 8 or Windows 7.  The Application runs in a memory space that is a simulated Windows 8 or 7 (virtual machine).  

"Right-click" on the icon, then choose "Properties" at the bottom of the menu. You will see a tab that says "Compatibility".

Good luck.

I had the same problem this afternoon.  So I uninstalled and reinstalled Ufile 2015 from the CD, and it started up fine, after I chose not to install updates.

BUT:  when I did download and install Ufile Update v. 19.15, the problem came back - Ufile just won't start.

So it would appear that something about the update or update process breaks the app.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been a loyal UFile user since 2008. I bought UFile for 2015 Tax Year in a box from Walmart. The instructions tells me to use the Start menu. But I can't find it on my Windows 10 computer.

Question: How do I download UFile 2015 and use the Activation Code provided in the envelope of a store-bought package?

Thanks, in advance.

If you are having difficulty as discussed in this thread, have a look at the thread below:

http://community.ufile.ca/index.php?/topic/6546-issue-with-update-to-v1916/

I am running Ufile on Windows 10 and it worked just fine until around March 21 when there was an update (apparently to version 1916) which then caused the program to not run. and those who got it running were asked for a password to open the tax return, when they had not set a password. Clearlu am issue with the update to v 1916.

There are users there (person name of Denk) who has a solution to reinstall and update to version 1915 and it worked fine for me. Check it out. hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a long time user also (since 2006) and installing UFile 2015 refuses to start on Win 10 64bit. Tried most things mentioned in these threads. Is UFile going to FIX this? The tax man cometh. I hear v19.15 works. Is there somewhere we can get this version? Does Thomson Reuters even monitor their forums? Might be time to move on, if this continues.

Cheers,

Paul

Just downloaded Ufile 2015 for windows.  I'm trying to install it on my Windows 10 desktop but it will not install.  I launch the installer, click next, accept, click next...it tells me it will install in c:\program files\ Ufile 2015\...   I click next... the installer runs for a few seconds then i get a window telling me "the installation was interrupted, try again later"....  and it just ends without instaling anything.

Anyone get this same condition?  HELP!

Is there a .log file under C:\Program files (x86)\UFile 2015\Log ? If so, please send it to support@ufile.ca with the details of the issue.

Just downloaded Ufile 2015 for windows.  I'm trying to install it on my Windows 10 desktop but it will not install.  I launch the installer, click next, accept, click next...it tells me it will install in c:\program files\ Ufile 2015\...   I click next... the installer runs for a few seconds then i get a window telling me "the installation was interrupted, try again later"....  and it just ends without instaling anything.

Anyone get this same condition?  HELP!