Français
Sign in to follow this  
Yateball

Will not allow Netfile

Hello, 

I've used UFile for many years in a row and have never had this issue, but this time I am getting the following error.

The split pension amount claimed on line 116 or line 210 is less than a dollar. Please access the Split Pension Income section and select "Do not transfer to spouse"

Problem is I haven't selected this as an option nor can I find the setting it's talking about to disable it.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Hi,

UFile runs through an optimization feature in an attempt to reduce taxes payable as much as possible (i.e. To the advantage of the taxpayer).  In your situation it performed a pension split but the amount being claimed is under a $1 which CRA's system will not accept (CRA's system will not process cents on Federal Lines 116 or 210 where pension splitting comes into play).

To circumvent this you can select the option "Split pension income" under the category "Pension income, T4A".  For the entry "Do you wish to split eligible pension income with your spouse" respond "Do not transfer to spouse".  As a precaution this entry should be performed for both spouses.

If necessary the "Pension  income, T4A" page can be enabled from the Interview Tab by clicking "Pension income, other income and split pension income (T4A, T4A(OAS), T4A(P), T4A-RCA, T4RSP, T4RIF, T1032)".

I hope this answers your question and that you have a great day !