Français
mpenni

duplicate do not send by mail

When I tried to print a copy of the federal return that had been successfully EILFed I get the message "duplicate do not send by mail" appearing on the first four pages of the federal return. This does not happen on any of the schedules or any of the Quebec return pages or schedules. I also do not see this happening if I print the return before EFILEing. Is this something new with the 2015 version? Is there some way to turn this message off?

The watermark that appears on the T1 Condensed return after EFILE has been successful is a new requirement from the CRA for tax year 2015.

The watermark cannot be turned off once EFILE has been successful.

Hi useroftaxsoftware,

I am afraid that it is indeed a CRA mandatory requirement.  All software developers must support water marks or their software will not be approved by CRA.  Below is an excerpt of the applicable Email ...

We are requesting an enhancement to your software product(s) for the 2015 tax year.

Several tax centers received duplicate T1 returns and/or T1135 forms which were printed and mailed to the Canada Revenue Agency following a successful electronic transmission. To prevent this issue for the upcoming filing season, we are requesting that you include watermarks in all EFILE and NETFILE software products.

The watermark would be generated under the following conditions: