Français
lmacri

UFile Online Error for Warning Message - MB479 Manitoba School Tax Credit for Homeowners

If I go to Step 3 (Review) of UFile Online after entering all my tax slips and information,  I receive one Warning in the Messages area stating "UFile has determined that you may be eligible for the school tax credit for homeowners because you are at least 55 years of age and your net family income is less than $23,800. Click here to return and enter the school taxes you paid."

When I click the hyperlink all I see is a grey screen that says "loading..." but nothing loads (even if I wait until my online session times out) and I am never redirected back to interview questions related to the Manitoba School Tax Credit for Homeowners (form MB479, lines 33 to 42).  I manually navigated back to Form MB479 (Manitoba Credits) and entered $0.00 for the Seniors' school tax rebate received but I can't clear the Warning or hyperlink to the relevant information from my Messages center.

I read pages 11 and 12 of the Forms Book 2015 (T1 General Manitoba) and according to the note on page 12 for line 33 of Form MB479 I cannot claim this school tax credit on my 2015 Tax Return because I am a renter and do not own my principal residence.  However, this note also states that tenants can apply directly to Manitoba Family Services for the rebate - see the School Tax Assistance for Tenants 55 Plus (STAT 55+) website at http://www.gov.mb.ca/housing/stat55.html.