Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Canadian temporarily employed in USA

Recommended Posts

Hello all,


I’m a Canadian Electronics engineer, but I’m not a member of a professional engineering group. I was temporarily employed in California, USA, in the summer of 2015 for about 3.5 months and have received a W-2 form from the employer. Now I’m trying to file my taxes using ufile in Canada.


1)     In ufile, which of the following sections should I add and fill “Foreign employment income” or “Foreign business income” or “Foreign professional income”? I know for “engineering services” there is an industry code (541330).


2)     Considering that I was employed by a US company and received W2 (I don’t think I can be considered self-employed ), can I claim some of the expenses incurred to me for traveling to California, residing there for three months, etc?




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...