Sign in to follow this  
canavik

Importing data from 2014 from PC on MAC ? Password ?

Hi 

I have migrated to MAC and want to import my 2014 Ufile tax file created on PC. I have the .u14 file transferred locally onto the MAC.

However the 2014 file seems password protected and I have no clue what the password is. Not sure I have put a password in the file in the first place. When I imported on the PC from previous year, it never asked for passwords, so how come on the online version passwords are required

Please advise how to recuperate passwords from previous years. 

canavik

No luck ... 

I reverted to the PC of my daughter and could read in my old .u14 file without having to enter a password... 

I completed my taxes on the PC. :(

Real crappy solution ...  

Not happy with the support I got from Ufile ... meaning NO support at all ! 

Canavik

But how did you get the .u14 transferred locally into your Mac? I don't have a problem with a password  but can't get the .u14 into the

Mac.  It simply comes in as an exe file, which of course the Mac doesn't recognize.  Hope you can help. :)

Thank you.

JAPF

I used firefox on my PC running Windows XP, the computer I used to file my 2014 tax and import the .u14 file into Ufile Online.  It's successful.  After that, I go back to my Mac and use Safari to log in and open my 2015 file, the 2014 data from .u14 are there.  Or try to import the file using Firefox first instead of Safari.  After the import is done, you can go back to Safari.  This seems to work for me.