Français
Sign in to follow this  
eddy

I cant fix errors

So UFILE tells me there are 2 errors that prevent me from filing anything.

When I press the button to go fix them it brings me to the self employed income page (the first page).

this is the error message:

Both fields must be filled.
This error prevents tax calculations. Click here to fix.

but there are no fields and when I check all the pages of the self-employed income section there are no fields indicated as errors.

What is wrong with this thing?

Please help.

Hello Technical Support ,

I have completed self employed income ( commision income) , when click REVIEW I got ERROR MESSAGE :  

Both fields must be filled.
This error prevents tax calculations. Click here to fix.

When I CLICK "click here to fix" it brings me to the self employed income page (the first page).

but there are no fields and when I check all the pages of the self-employed income section there are no fields indicated as errors.

Not only me some others also having same issue, please help !

Thank you.

Same problem here. Count me in for this blocking bug. This bug first reported: Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:26 AM Hmm... that's about a month. No response eh?

No response is a response, sady. It means "Go buy other software". I have 7 more days under return policy. 6 more days, and I get my software refunded. I don't want to... what choice does a customer have? its just generally expected that a company at least respond to their "Blocking Bug". - None of us can submit our Tax forms with this bug still present in the software.

I say: Screen shot this page, print it, take it with you to where you bought your UFile software and get them to refund it "Manufacture Defect".

Loosing money, helps fix blocking issues like this one. (Honesty, it helps more than you know).

Also, please share your experiences here, regarding UFile with out side social media. Good or bad, helps other potential customers make the right choices on product purchases. 

Good luck folks!

I regret that I already paid the ufile online earlier.  UFILE, please give me my money back :angry: . Now I cannot file my tax with Ufile, have to find an alternative way in the last minute :angry:  .  A loyal customer for many years, left with no choice but saying goodbye.  

I was having same Both fields must be filled error while doing my daughter's return which went away after entering the amount as self-employed earnings... but I now get this message: "The amount in box 048 of the T4A slip must also be reported within the corresponding business as self-employment income" preventing Netfile of both Federal and Quebec returns. What gives UFILE?

I am having this same problem, about a year later (March 2017). Have reported the error and waiting to hear back. Anyone else find a workaround?

Edit: I found something that works for me. I deleted the person on my return who was triggering the error and re-added them. That allowed me to start fresh and get through without an error. Just deleting the forms that were causing the problem did not help, I had to remove the entire person from the return and this re-add them. This fixed the issue for me.