Sign in to follow this  
bonnikuchta@hotmail.com

Family head and problems netfiling

I cant netfile because I need to answer yes to questions regarding lines 497,498,499 of my spouses income.  Problem is I am down as family head (and I do not have an income), so I can not answer yes to those questions, as my husband does have an income.  I think I need to change him to the head, but from what I see I will need to redo the whole thing manually... How do I fix this?

Under the new requirements of the CRA, you must confirm that either the Federal Schedule 2 (line 351) or the provincial Schedule 2 (line 5912) is NIL.

In the "Review" tab, when the message, "You have to confirm that your spouse's adjusted taxable income is Nil"is displayed, you must return to the "Interview" tab of the family head to correct the problem.

In the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select "Controls " on your right, go to the bottom of the page and you will find the line "If applicable (click ? For details), please select Yes to confirm that your spouse's adjusted taxable income is NIL". From the drop-down menu on your right, choose "Yes''.

You will notice that you have a second (2) line for "Provincial /Territorial". Repeat this procedure.

Thereafter, you may proceed to file your federal return using NETFILE.