Français
Sign in to follow this  
Vancouver

NETFILE: REJECTED - UNDERLYING CONNECTION WAS CLOSED

Hi. Ufile has accepted by tax return and indicates i can proceed with filing via Netfile. When I file my return I get the following error:

REJECTED: date/time

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue??? Please help :)

We have the same problem. Appears UFile does not support windows VISTA. Purchased laptop with windows 10 but ufile program on old computer, still can't file. Fear we have to purchase another UFile program for new laptop so we can netfile. Very disappointed with UFile.

In order to transmit your return via NETFILE with your Vista based computer, please make sure to download UFile v19.21 from the following link:

http://cdn.drtax.ca/ufile/UF2015EDYT34UF3E4A23H7ZS4/UFile2015-1921.exe

(Make sure that there’s a dot (.) between 1921 and exe).

Your Windows Vista version must also be up-to-date with Service Pack 2.

To find out which version of Vista you are currently running, click on the Start button, right-click on Computer, and then click Properties. If Service Pack 2 is not installed, please follow the procedure below:

• Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.

• In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.

• If any updates are found, click Install updates. [Administrator permission required] If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

okay, so now you have solved the problem for Windows vista.  can you solve it for windows xp?  Can I re-load the program I bought onto a windows 10 computer without further cost?  Can I send the completed return files to that computer? I don't think I have the registration key anymore.

If you wish to transfer your tax returns to a new computer, please follow these steps:

1- Transfer the data files from the old computer to the new computer. These files' names have the extension ".uxx", where xx are the last 2 digits of the tax year (e.g. .u08 for 2008, .u10 for 2010,...).

2- If your tax returns were also saved as .pdf files, you can transfer them as well to the new computer.

NOTE: For security reasons, we suggest that you transfer all files using a USB memory stick.

3- If you still have the installation CD-ROMs, you can use them to reinstall the software for each tax year.

If you cannot find the activation code for a prior tax year, and the software is still installed on the old computer, please follow the instructions below:

1- Start UFile for the same tax year.

2- Go to the "Tools" menu.

3- Click "Registration".

4- Note the activation code and the tax year.

IMPORTANT! Do not forget to update the software.

Please note that you can find a download link for each tax year that we offer by typing the year in question in our Virtual Agent search engine:

http://www.drtax.ca/en/UFile/help-support/Ask_ufile.aspx