Français
meJason

How do I enter UCCB income on dependants’ returns?

UFile 2015 PC Version 19.20.0.0: I am working on a return for a single mother with two young children and she received UCCB for both. I have entered the RC62 UCCB income on her return and selected “Yes – Include all UCCB amounts in the income of the dependant”.  The income appears on the mother’s return and under the “Messages” tab, and “Optimizations for:” the software advises that you can choose to include all UCCB amounts in the income of the dependant.

When I zero out the UCCB on the mother’s return, the software advises a warning that there are dependants under 18 years old and no amount was entered for UCCB benefit.

The question: Under “Interview setup”, on the dependants’ returns there is no box to check for RC62 UCCB income; how do I enter the UCCB income on each of the dependants’ tax returns?

Thanks,

Jason

Note: I have reviewed this thread & it did NOT resolve my issue: http://community.ufile.ca/index.php?/topic/4919-claiming-uccb-on-a-dependant/

UPDATE:

I have followed the instructions provided below; however the UCCB income still appears on the the parent's return.

How do I get the UCCB income onto the dependants' returns?

Thanks,
Jason

Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 4:30 PM
Subject: Entering UCCB income of dependant tax return

Hello,

Thank you for contacting UFile support team.

Re: claim UCCB amount in dependant's tax file

1. In the mother's tax file, on the left-hand side of the screen, select the "Interview setup".

2. On the right-hand side of the screen, under section ''Parents and children'' check the box for "Universal child care benefits, RC-62" and click "Next" at the bottom of this page.

3. On the left-hand menu, select "Universal Child Care Benefit".

4. On the page that appears to the right of the screen, enter the amounts shown on your slip in the appropriate boxes, then click "Next".

5. In dependant's tax file, click on 'Control' on the left-hand menu.

6. Choose 'yes' for the question 'If you were a single parent....'.

7. On the left-hand menu, click on 'Identification'.

8. Choose 'yes' for the fowllowing two questions:

1.) Did this taxpayer have any income in 2015?
2.) Does this taxpayer require a tax return?

Regards,

Yizhi
On behalf of the UFile Team