Français
Sign in to follow this  
Cat

Netfiling T1135 - problem

Successfully netfiled Federal Return - got confirmation number page.  Proceeded with steps to netfile T1135 - checking box to agree to terms/conditions and then hit the file bar. Supposed to get confirmation number but screen appeared to change back to submission screen with terms box unchecked.  Tried again and same thing happened. This time scrolled down (bottom of page was hidden) and saw "Rejected - Our records indicate that you have already filed your form..." So now unsure whether form was filed or whether there is a glitch in the program.  Any thoughts?

Just in case anyone has had the same problem - CRA advises that they can not confirm whether or not an electronic T1135 form has been received - not the same department as handles the general tax returns.  Suggestion is to paper file the form and send a self-addressed stamped envelope, requesting acknowledgment of receipt.  Poor system when everything else is electronic.

Hi,

I had a similar problem. What I did notice was that if you leave the Netfile page and return to it, then the page showed the 'Terms and conditions' section again, with the checkbox uncheck, BUT it also showed that the filing was Accepted; and also displayed an 8 character confirmation code.

Hi,

I had a similar problem. What I did notice was that if you leave the Netfile page and return to it, then the page showed the 'Terms and conditions' section again, with the checkbox uncheck, BUT it also showed that the filing was Accepted; and also displayed an 8 character confirmation code.

To close the loop on my experiance, I have registered for the CRA online mail option and today I received an email to say that my return had been assessed. After logging in to the CRA My Account, I can see that under section 'Explanation of changes and other important information' for the 2015 return, it stated When you filed your return, you chose "yes" to the question "Did you own or hold foreign property at any time in 2015 with a total cost of more than CAN$100,000?" We acknowledge that we have successfully received the electronic submission of your Form T1135, Foreign Income Verification Statement.

Thank you so much, TheCatInTheHat!  I checked the online assessment record and found the confirmation, just as you said.  And I took a closer look at the paper assessment form rec'd in the mail and it also has the same confirmation. Whew!  Interestingly, my self-addressed envelope sent in with the paper copy over a month ago has not been returned.  I did clearly indicate with the letter that an electronic submission might have been received so the paper would be a duplicate, but one might think someone would have acknowledged....  Guess they really want electronic submission...  Thanks again!

2017 Tax Filing

Well it is now time for the 2017 tax filing of form T1135.

I duly filed the form using the software, and received a confirmation code.

However, this year when I received my notice of assessment it says that the CRA have not received the form. Doh!!