watcher.1918

UFile2015 requires password for a file saved without password

I have finished the interview and review, saved file and exited. However, when I want to reopen the saved file, the program told me that the file is password protected, and asked me to key-in the password.

I am very sure that the file saved without using password. In fact, I even don't

know the tax file can be protected by password.

Please help!

Eric

I have finished the interview and review, saved file and exited. However, when I want to reopen the saved file, the program told me that the file is password protected, and asked me to key-in the password. I am very sure that the file saved without using password. In fact, I even don't know the tax file can be protected by password. Please help! Eric

Hi Eric,

Did you find the solution yet elsewhere on the forum? Basically, you need to uninstall, reinstall an older version of UFile 2015 (19.15) and then open your file and set a password. For the newer updates of UFile, you must have a password set or else you're out of luck.

By the way, how is this bug still around? It's been well over a month! Are the developers just sitting around twiddling their thumbs!?