Sign in to follow this  
AltaRed

2016 Software errors not Updated yet from 2015

It seems that certain information has not been updated to reflect 2016, i.e. updated language to reflect tax year 2016. UFile needs to go do a bit more Quality Control yet with this year's program.... Examples I found just by happening upon them include:

- On the Losses of Other Years and Loss Carryback Interview page,  there is an erroneous 2015 reference at the bottom on the T1A-Request for Loss Carryback... It should say 2016

- In the Foreign Income or Foreign Property interviw page, for at least some of the forms under the Foreign Non-Business Income, the information incorrectly uses the 2015 average US forex rate. They need to be corrected for 2016 (annual average forex from USD of 1.3248064 per the Bank of Canada site).

No doubt there is more to be found.

There is nothing to see. It is cosmetic boilerplate errors that need to be fixed.

I thought there would be a January update by now to the software (beyond what I instaled in mid-December) because, for example, the BoC average annual forex rate info would not be known until January anyway, and any software issued pre-January 1 would not have that information in it. In other words, an update is due to show 2016 data.

I don't care myself because I went to the BoC site to get the 2016 average forex rate, but some users of UFile software may not know that.

Hi,

Sorry for my previous answer, it seems that I missed a point :( .

Please note that the US Exchange rates are always updated with our mid-February v20.10 that includes Netfile and AFR. As well, we released the prior December version of UFile with a draft Form T1-A that has since been updated to reflect the final 2016 version.