Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Single parent transferring UCCB amount to eligible dependant

Recommended Posts

I'm a single parent with two children aged 10.


I've set it up under Controls for each dependant answering YES to "If you were a single parent on December 31, 2016. Do you wish to include all UCCB amounts you received in 2016 in the income of this dependant."


Where can I enter the UCCB amount under my children's file?

The only area that I can find to enter the UCCB amount is under my file, and then it adds it to my income.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi TaraMc,


Since January 1, 2015, amendments were made to the UCCB.

A) The UCCB was increased to $ 160 per month for each child under six (6) years of age;

B) The UCCB has been extended to children aged 6 to 17 years, an amount of $ 60 will be paid to parents.

Note: The credit for children under 18 was abolished. Therefore, line 366 of federal Schedule 1 has been removed.

If you had a spouse or common-law on December 31 of the tax year, the spouse who has the lower net income must report the UCCB. To enter the information from the RC62 slip, please follow these steps:

1. In the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select the "Interview setup".

2. On the right-hand side of the screen, go to the ''Parents and children'' group, check the box for "Universal child care benefits, RC-62" and click "Next" at the bottom of this page.

3. Return to the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab" and select "Universal Child Care Benefit".

4. On the page that appears to the right of the screen, enter the amounts shown on your slip in the appropriate boxes, then click "Next".

The amount shown in Box 10 of the RC62 slip will appear on line 117 of your federal tax return or your spouse's. If applicable, the amount will show up on line 278 of the Quebec income tax return.

Note: If you were a single parent on December 31 of the tax year, you have the choice of including the amount of the UCCB you received in 2016 in the income of the dependant for which you are claiming the amount for an eligible dependant (line 305 of Schedule 1).

If you are not claiming the amount for an eligible dependant, you can include the amount of the UCCB in the tax return of a child for which UCCB is paid. If the latter option is chosen, the total amount of the UCCB received will appear at line 185 of your federal income tax return. This provision is not applicable on the Quebec income tax return.

To learn how to transfer the amount of the "UCCB" either to a dependent or to a child, please consult the following link:


Select the program you are currently using, whether it is UFile ON LINE or for WINDOWS, and in the field for ''Ask your question", enter "Transfer of UCCB to a dependent."

For more information about the UCCB, consult the following link:


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...