Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Releve 1 in Quebec cannot be entered if working in Ontario

Recommended Posts

How in the world does one enter a Releve 1 if you live in Quebec but work in Ontario?


There's no option that I can find. Everything says you must enter that you work in Quebec on the R1.


I work for the federal government in Ontario and live in Quebec and they issue us an R1 which is for the health benefits.


Thanks for any help.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

As you work in Ontario and reside in Quebec you received:

 - one T4 slip with ON in Box 10

 - one Relevé 1 with your benefits taxable in Quebec.


1) T4 slip

In the T4 and employment income section

 - select "T4 income earned outside Quebec"


2) Relevé 1 (RL-1)

In the T4 and employment income section

 - select "T4 and RL-1 (Relevé 1) income earned in Quebec with QPP contributions"

Enter the data as follows:

 - Box A - as per your RL-1

 - Box E - as per your RL-1 (there is an amount if you asked to have Quebec tax withheld)

 - Box 56 (RL-1 Box I) - 0.00

 - Box 28 - Exempt CPP/QPP

 - Box J - as per your RL-1

All other boxes should be blank.


In the Review / Messages section you will see warnings related to taxable benefits and RL-1 Box 211.

Ignore them.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...