Français
swtax

Electronic filing error "underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send."

Hi there,

I can't file my return electronically. When I click agree to terms and conditions and hit submit i get the following "underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send."

Has anyone else experienced this? What is the issue? I paid for ufile and now I can't submit it. This is frustrating. 

I have been trying for two days and I get the same message rejection message."The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send." But there is no indication of an error or what that error might be.  I am eligible foe netfile,  so I don't know why I would not be able to file. This so frustrating. 

I have also received the same message. I used the help section and did receive 3 options to try the last being to call ufile they unfortunately only provide tech support mon-fri. i will look at the cra issue. thanks

Interesting to see others experiencing this issue. I tried submitting the next morning based on the previous response of this being a CRA server issue. However, when I try to submit for electronic filing now, it just says "rejected" with no reason. This doesn't make any sense - I've filed the same way every year and their are no warnings or error codes present. This is unbelievable!

"The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is pleased to report that all of its digital services were returned to service on Sunday, March 12 at 5:00 p.m. EDT. Individuals, businesses and representatives are now able to file returns, make payments, and access other digital services available through the CRA’s website, including all our secure portals." See http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html