Jump to content

T3 and T5008 - report both or just the T3?

Recommended Posts

I have a mutual fund trust account from which I receive an income.  My investment advisor handles this by redeeming small amounts each month.  I received a T3 from the mutual fund company, and also my investment advisor submitted several T5008 statements to CRA for the individual redemptions (which appeared only when I auto-filled my return).  Both contain capital gains amounts, but the amount on the T3 is much larger than the total of all the capital gains on the T5008 statements.  Do I report the capital gains from BOTH the T3 AND T5008 forms? Or do I assume that the T3 form includes all my capital gains and report only the T3 amount?  Thanks for your help!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...