Sign in to follow this  
Linx

Ufile 2016 Not Cerified By Canada Revenue Agency

I notice that myself, and many others have had issues with Ufile 2016 not importing information from Ufile 2015. Ufile use to respond fairly quickly in the past but not sure what has happened that this year their service is terrible.

In addition, someone I know called up Canada Revenue and was informed that one particular carry forward amount was way off so I decided to investigate further.

Today I have found out that Ufile is 'not' on the list of certified softwares for 2017 netfile purpose.

My suggestion is that people may want to run their taxes through a second software.

Here is a link to Canada Revenue:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/tx/ndvdls/netfile-impotnet/crtfdsftwr/menu-eng.html

Hi Linx,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. You can carry-forward your 2015 file information to UFile 2016 except if the 2015 file you're carrying forward has not been printed, saved as PDF nor Netfiled. In that case, only the basic information will be carried-forward.

If you're still unable to reach support for help with your file, please send me your email address in a private message so I can look up your request.

Thank you

As mentioned I have been purchasing UFile for a few years now.

I print all my tax returns and save them as a pdf for myself and family members.

Since my last email I also notice that the Capital Cost Allowance Claim -> Amounts in Column 10 (balance) have not been carried forward either.

At this point I am going back and forth between 2015 and 2016.

In addition, I notice that Ufile 2016: no longer has the option to view ' Prior year comparative information' under "Refund / Balance Owing".

At this point I think myself and others with the same issue of 'carry forward' deserve a response from an expert Ufile technician.