Sign in to follow this  

Transfer of DTC

Recommended Posts

My son (34 years old) qualifies for the DTC (CRA has T2201) but doesn't need it to reduce his taxes owed. I want to transfer it to me. He already filed his taxes separately so how do I transfer his DTC onto mine? I have claimed the FCA for him and he is not an "eligible dependent" since I have a spouse. Do I just add a dummy dependent ID and not submit it?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this