Français
Sign in to follow this  
CWilson

Double counting Net world income for the whole year

Hi,

I've got an issue with my foreign income being double counted in the "Net world income for the whole year calculation".

I've added the Immigrant section and entered my foreign income in the "Canadian source Part XIII income PLUS foreign sourced income earned when you were not a resident of Canada" section, under "Net employment income".  I've also added a section for Employment under the "Foreign income & property" which I enter the details again, for the same employment.

The issue is that in the resulting calculation for "Net world income for the whole year" this employment is counted twice.  The amount from 236 on the return includes it, then this figure is added to line 13 from the "Part of the year the taxpayer was not a resident of Canada" section.  I can't see what I could be doing wrong, I'm answering the questions as completely as possible but the calculation doesn't seem to recognise that the 2 figures it's asking for in different sections are the same thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks