Français
Sign in to follow this  
projectpete21

Do I need to report income for home daycare under $3000

Hello,

My wife watches one child from our home part time and the total at the end of the year that she made was $2500, i read that if the income is under $3000 i do not need to report it, is that true.

The reason i ask is last year she watched more kids and i claimed her income as a home daycare, this year i didnt and received a letter from CRA saying they noticed that this year i didnt report an income for home daycare.

Is this ok?

Thanks,

Pete

We suggest that you contact the CRA at 1-800-959-7383 or RQ at 1-800-267-6299 for more information.

We give support to UFile users to help properly enter their data into the software. However, we are not authorized to give an opinion on tax questions.

We will be happy to help you enter information into the software. To do that, please provide us with all the information regarding your situation with as much precision as possible in.

Depending on your situation, you also have to clearly state your choices as we are not allowed to make decisions for you.

We regret that we cannot answer your question and thank you for your trust in UFile.