Jump to content

Transferring Tuition Credits from non-dependent / separate filer

Recommended Posts

I have seen similar questions / answers but it is not working for me.


I have three children, the two youngest are living with my wife and I and attend university.  I take the full $5,000 allowed.


My eldest daughter separated from her common-law early in the year.  She finished up school and did not make significant income.  I am looking to transfer the tuition to my return.


The problem is that the program is giving the tuition to my wife and not to me despite entering as part of my interview.  I am in the highest tax bracket so I would like to deduct it, not my wife.


Is there a way to override this.  Why is it in my wife's return.




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...