Français

Ufile 2017 - Tax Return pages blank in software

Lexus

I have downloaded Ufile 2017 (12) and have completed a return.  When I click on Review it works fine but when I click on Tax Return the pages are blank.  Everything is listed down the left side of the window but the actual return pages are all blank.  I have tried all of support suggestions e.g.. (uninstall/reinstall) but nothing is working.    

I have used Ufile for a number of years and never had any problems.  I also have Ufile 2015 and 2016 installed on my computer and they work fine.

Is anyone else having this problem?  Can somebody please help?  Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nexus,

Is this issue resolved? I am having exactly the same problem, when I try to print the return, the screen is blank, however, if I click "Save PDF", the return is generated properly without any issue, just cannot see it on screen, annoying.

I am reluctant to Netfile because not sure if there are other hidden issue, I wrote email to support, still waiting for reply.

Yes it has been resolved for me.  I had to change the Theme from Windows 7 Classic to Windows 7.  When I did that everything worked okay. Right click on a blank space on your desktop and then personalize.  Change your theme to Windows 7.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Thank you for the reply, I will try doing that (though I really like to stay with Windows Classis theme).

Just not sure why this happened, it was fine last week when I generated our first return, after that, it just will not display anymore even after reinstall and tested on multiple machines, bizzare, I hope there is uFile support monitoring this forum and fix it.

I have been using uFile since inception and never have any issue like this.

I was also having this same problem... couldn't view the pages when I clicked on "Tax Return".  Saw the suggestion to change my 'background' theme to just plain Windows7 in the personalization section of the Control Panel.  Then I was able to view the UFile pages when I clicked on "Tax Return".  So glad I saw this post, and thank you for your help.  I would have been still going in circles.  Have used UFile for several years, but never had this problem before.

Lexus,

Yes, your suggestion worked, I switched back after.

In addition, I want to point out that the display does not work but if you click Save PDF, the PDF return is generated properly so I decided just to ignore it and continue with other returns.

Hope uFile support see this thread and fix the issue, we should not have to switch display to view returns.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2018 at 8:39 AM, Lexus said:

I have downloaded Ufile 2017 (12) and have completed a return.  When I click on Review it works fine but when I click on Tax Return the pages are blank.  Everything is listed down the left side of the window but the actual return pages are all blank.  I have tried all of support suggestions e.g.. (uninstall/reinstall) but nothing is working.    

I have used Ufile for a number of years and never had any problems.  I also have Ufile 2015 and 2016 installed on my computer and they work fine.

Is anyone else having this problem?  Can somebody please help?  Thank you

I am having the same issue.  I save all my files in PDF and it keeps telling me to update the program.  I do that and then still won't print.  i have tried twice calling and been on hold for 40 minutes and no answer.  i am stumped and I do need to print out my return.

Just now, Horn said:

I am having the same issue.  I save all my files in PDF and it keeps telling me to update the program.  I do that and then still won't print.  i have tried twice calling and been on hold for 40 minutes and no answer.  i am stumped and I do need to print out my return.

I am using windows 8

I was having the same problem and am running Windows 7.  

The reason I could not see the actual return was because I was using Windows Classic theme....all I had to do was change the theme to Windows 7.

To do this ... I would right click on a space on the desktop and then click personalize....then change from Windows Classic to Windows 7.  Everything worked fine after the change.

Because you are using window 10 I am not sure what you should change the theme to but try Windows 10 instead of some other theme you may be using.

Also if you click "Save PDF" you should be able to print your return even if you still have the blank pages.

• 1 year later...

Archived