Sign in to follow this  
DJI

Dividends and spouse

I am having problems controlling whether to transfer dividends from my spouse to me in my 2017 tax return.

Dividends earned by my spouse and reported on her return are automatically being transferred to me which I do not think I want to have happen.

I have set the dividend to be 100% hers and to not transfer to me but it is happening. 

It is happening to me too.  Very frustrating.  I have spent hours creating a new file, trying a different computer and it just keeps happening.  I submitted to support but still have not heard back yet.  The return is fine until I start to add my T5 info which is a 50 / 50 split. It puts both parts on my spouses return.  When I add a T5 in my name alone it still puts the income on my spouse's return.   I agree, what is happening ?!?  I am wondering if I should try setting up a new return without carrying forward from last year. UFile HELP us!

I created a new 2017 file to try and proceed with my return.  It did work, I did not have the same issues with splitting the investment income between spouses. I am thinking that maybe the 2016 tax return was causing the issues.  If I had more time I would reopen the 2016 file with the 2016 program updated, save it, and then try again to carry forward the return.