Jump to content
Eric Smith

tax report

Recommended Posts

Hello Eric,

T4A slip - Box 119 - Group term life insurance policies

You received a T4A slip with an amount shown in Box 119 pertaining to the benefits for premiums paid for group term life insurance policy.

For Quebec residents, this amount is displayed in Box L of the RL-1 slip and it is included in Box A of the RL-1.

To enter this amount, please follow the steps below:

1- In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select "Interview setup".

2- In the screen on your right, go to the "Pension" group, check the box for "Pension income. Other income and split pension income (T4A, T4A(OAS), T4A(P), T4A-RCA, T4RSP, T4RIF, T1032)" and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

3- Return to the "Left side menu on the Interview tab" and select "Pension income, T4A". On the page to your right, click on the plus sign "+" icon to the right of the line "T4A - Pension, retirement, annuity, and other income".

 4- On the page that appears entitled "T4A - Pension, retirement, annuity and other income", go to line "Other information (click on the triangle to see the list of choices)" located in the middle of the page. Then, from the drop-down menu, choose the option "(119) Premiums paid to a group term life ins. plan" and enter the amount shown on your T4A slip.

 5- For Quebec residents, return to the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select "T4 and employment income" and on the screen to the right, choose "T4 and RL-1 (Relevé 1) income earned in Quebec".

6- On the page that appears, enter the T4 information and the RL-1 slip information. In Box 40 enter $0.00, then click on the "Maple Leaf" icon next to it and enter the amount from Box L of the RL-1 slip.

Note: if this benefit is related to your former employer, you must add the following procedure: Go to the "Other Information (click on the triangle to see the list of choices)" section located at the bottom of the page, choose the option "RL-1 (211) - Benefit related to previous employment" from the drop-down menu and in the field on your right, enter the amount from Box 211 which should be identical to the amount in Box A of the RL-1.

The amount will be entered by the program on line 104 of the federal return (Other employment income) and for Quebec residents, on line 101 of the Quebec return.

For more information on this, please consult the following links:

For the CRA:


For Revenu Québec:


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you that solved my problem. Now I seem to have a another problem,I have applied for a trillium rebate and it shows that I live in northern Ontario  which I don't .I can not change that for some reason. when I go to my tax return it will not let me change it it just says tag error ect,ect, .That is the last thing I have to do before I e-file it.Hope you can help.


Thank you Eric Smith

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I have done all the appropriate section and all has been excepted on my tax return. The only problem is that I selected that i live in northern Ontario by mistake   which I don't, I live in southern Ontario and I need to change that information,for some reason it will not let me change it that is what i need know.


Thank you Eric.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...