Français

Completed saved and calculated return but cannot view

Eugene

I have entered all of my information into the software.

I have been able to save it and open the return to update the information. I have received a notice that the  tax calculations have been made.

However I cannot review or print the return.

All I get when I select the option to do so is a blank page.

This is exactly why I've come here.  Tried a few things I thought might be the culprit like updating Adobe Reader, updating UFILE and so forth. No luck.

Hopefully it is something that'll be rectified in an upcoming update.

There is a bit of a workaround though, Eugene.  I can still save the return to my hard drive and  open and view it outside of UFILE.  Bit of a nuisance, but the best we'll be able to do for now.

My problem was solved. Not sure why but this worked.

I contacted Ufile with this question.

There response was to change my desktop theme. Here is their response.

1. Click "Start".
2. In the Research box, type "Theme".
3. Choose "Change the theme".
3. In the new window, change the theme to a theme different than Windows Classic (one of the Aero themes).

Can someone tell me if this is the same problem because the suggested solution does not work for me. I click on step 3 (Review) which works and shows my refund and clicking on "Federal Summary" box shows a list of self and spouse's taxable income, non refundable tax credits, refund or balance owing, payments and credits. When I click on step 4 (tax return - view or print your complete tax return(s))  I get the message box "Oops, something has gone wrong! Would you like to start the support assistant to receive assistance on this issue" The support assistant was no help and at the end of it I submitted a request from which I so far have received no reply. I can not save the return to my hard drive and  open and view it outside of UFILE as another member suggested because there is no way of saving the return. The program creates a .u17 file which I do not think he/she means. If this is a different situation than others I will start a new topic. Thanks.

I did not get a message when I went to step 4. All I got was a blank page. The info was there but there was some quick in the software that did not allow me to see the information using the Windows 7 classic theme. 

I think you have a different issue.

it took Ufile a day and a half to get back to me.

I have the same issue as oldmanwithaproblem. There are no issues or errors with the return and so far have been unable to get any help from UFile. I'm starting to think flushing my money down the toilet would have been just as productive.

When I was trying to figure out what was happening before Ufile got back to me with the solution I posted to my problem I uninstalled and reinstalled Ufile twice. Both times the program uninstalled but my information remained. When I reinstalled the program and opened it all of my information was there.

Successful repair advice from Ardalan, a very capable fellow from UFile. Just in case anyone has this problem it was the original install of the program at fault that put it in C:\Program Files (x86) instead of the correct C;\Program Files (x86)\Ufile 2017. As was the case with Andrew McCallister (user listed above) the error was actually made with the 2016 program so the 2017 program did the same thing. So I uninstalled/re-installed UFile 2016 first, then the 2017 UFile and now they both work fine. The lesson is: don't always trust that a program's default location is correct. Thanks to those who assisted.

Archived