Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Hi fdgray,

The ReFILE service is not available in UFile. Instead you can use the program to make an adjustment to a tax return that has already been filed. Make sure you have received your notice of assessment before asking for changes to your return.

NOTE: It is recommended that you keep your previously filed tax return, and prepare separately an amended tax return based on the changes you make. Print this amended tax return and compare it with your original tax return. Take note of the line numbers that are affected, as you will need them when completing your adjustment request.

To do so, please follow these steps:
1- In the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", click on "Interview setup".
2- On the page that appears to the right, scroll down to the "Other topics" section, check the box for "Adjustment request for a tax return that has been filed" and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.
3- Return to the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select "Adjustment request" at the bottom of the list and, on the right-hand side of the screen, click on the plus "+" symbol to the right of the form you need, either "T1-ADJ adjust a federal tax return" or for Quebec residents "TP-1.R adjust a Quebec tax return".
4- Select the "Taxation year" you want to correct from the drop-down menu to your right, and then enter the relevant information.
5- For the question "Line number of the jacket regarding the the adjustment", choose the one that applies from the drop-down menu. Then, on the next two lines, enter respectively the amount that was claimed on the original tax return, followed by the revised amount to be claimed on the amended tax return.
6- If you have multiple lines to correct, click on "+ Add another" to add additional lines.
7- If you have additional information or explanations, fill out the bottom section. If needed, attach a separate sheet with your adjustment request by recording the necessary information. If applicable, provide also the corresponding line number for the credit.
9- Once you have completed your adjustment request(s), click on the fourth tab "Tax Return".
10- Double check to make sure the adjustment request(s) are completed correctly. Then, click on the "Print" icon, choose the option "Selected pages" and on the list to the right, select the pages to print, i.e. the form T1-ADJ (federal). Click on the button "Start printing".

Be sure to sign your request(s) and provide all supporting documents.

Also, please make sure to include a telephone number where the CRA may contact you during the day.

The CRA will send you a Notice of Reassessment once your adjustment request has been processed. 

If you wish, you can also amend your tax return online by using "My Account" on the CRA website.






Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Tax14,

The ReFile service is not available in UFile. You should not be able to resubmit electronically your tax return.

Once the tax return is successfully submitted, the status should indicate "Accepted" and the "File my return now" button should not be available in the system.

Could you please check if your confirmation number of the second transmission is different compared to the one for the first transmission. And also please verify the "Acknowledgement Report". If it states that the tax return for the same person was transmitted twice with status been Accepted for both times, then please provide me with a print screen of it.

Thank you and have a great day!


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

When will UFile support refiling a tax return. UFile/ImpotExpert while a paid service (~$20 but not free for windows) does not support refiling when other tax software programs do. Even free ones like StudioTax. 
While I would very much like to continue using UFile ( I switched from Intuit a few years back for a matter having to do with number of returns) I do expect Ufile to have this feature in for next tax year (2018)

From an otherwise satisfied and long time user of Ufile....



Edited by gdepatie
TaxStudio -> StudioTax
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 11 months later...

I submitted a return and noticed an error. I had chosen "group plan for the quebec prescription drug premium" instead of choosing I was covered by Quebec plan as I had no private insurance. I have changed the information in order to refile, but the review does not recalculate the premiums I owe. Could someone help me.




Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...