Français
lizbz

WHY DOES NOTHING EVER WORK?!

Every time I have any issue now, there is NEVER a way to contact anyone for help!! When I thought I found a way in the past, I never even received a response. Now I'm trying to Netfile, had issues and took a while to figure out, I think I got it corrected, but I guess because I tried a few times to submit, now it just says rejected, my account is locked out, and to contact CRA. Well CRA says everything is fine on their end, so why can't I try Netfiling again?! I can access everything on my ufile account online, but it just tells me it's rejected and account is locked for Netfiling. So I tried to fill out a support form, but every time I click submit, the whole site crashes! I'm confident by now that they do this on purpose so they don't have to deal with any issues, and now that I've already paid for this year, they don't give a fart if I have issues, that's what I think. Totally fed up with this site, the only thing that has kept me here is I don't have to fill out all the info again every year, and I can see previous years in a semi-convenient way. It's quickly failing to be enough though, these clowns can't even figure out how to run their program.

Yes, because I’m so dumb I hadn’t figured THAT out. Every time I tried to choose the correct topic the submit button crashes your site, tried at least a dozen times, so how about making your submit button work before giving people that advice! Finally chose an incorrect topic to see if that would work, and hallelujah! Someone got back to me! Now if only hey had a clue how to fix it or refund my money, we’d be all set, but it seems your people only work 1 hour a day, and now I have to wait again for that special hour to hear back.

Hi lizbz, 
Just to let you know that the whole dedicated support team are available to provide support to all our loyal users.
To help you better, could you please provide your request number to do the follow up?

UF506995 all I want is my money back, I can scrap the file I filled out and start a new one, I have zero confidence anyone there will figure out the issue this year yet on the existing file. No one can even get back to me on that, I messaged back last night and this morning, still nothing. Just give me my money back already since your program won’t let me try netfiling. I’ve netfiled every year and nothing’s changed, there were just some errors that it didn’t tell me before I tried sending, and now it won’t let me try sending anymore, even though the errors were fixed.

Lizbz I just got hit with the onben virus i agree with you although first time i ever had a problem with their software partly due to not using it much aside from simple t4 submissions. I can't even submit my tax return because i cant resolve onben.

I feel for you as I am going through a somewhat similar routine on my issue UF509525.  At least I have gotten email responses from a John in Customer Service but the first time it did not look like he even read my the details of my issue and questions, and then the next couple of emails were still not answers to my question.  I think some of their customer service folks have been mistakenly but in that department.  If they bothered to actually understand the issue and then provide a relevant response they would save their customers a lot of anxiety.  

35 minutes ago, Blotmale said:

I feel for you as I am going through a somewhat similar routine on my issue UF509525.  At least I have gotten email responses from a John in Customer Service but the first time it did not look like he even read my the details of my issue and questions, and then the next couple of emails were still not answers to my question.  I think some of their customer service folks have been mistakenly but in that department.  If they bothered to actually understand the issue and then provide a relevant response they would save their customers a lot of anxiety.  

I agree their customer service sure leaves something to be desired! Most of the time it seems they just reply with links they hope will be relevant, so they don’t actually have to do the actual work of typing out a personal reply, but the links are almost never remotely relevant. I found it helpful to publicly post here about it, it got them proactive to actually figure out the problem, which is a definite improvement from previous years when they made it almost impossible to contact them, and if you actually found a way, you wouldn’t get a response anyway, even after trying multiple times. If they’re not interested in providing real help though, I think it would work a lot better to just have a help forum, where users could maybe get a little credit toward their fees by answering other users’ questions, or even just get a little credit by having the best answer, awarded by the asker. I’m sure other users would feel more inclined to help than most of the people working in their customer service department! I did get my issue figured out, but it wasn’t really because of their help, and it could have all been avoided if ufile would have shown me the error prior to filing, and then accurately described the error as well, it really was a simple mistake and easy to fix, I just couldn’t sort out their gibberish to figure it out.

I still somewhat prefer ufile, just because I know it, and the return calculations tend to come in higher than TurboTax. I set up TurboTax for my sister and her family because it’s more user friendly, and she really needs that, but like H&R Block, they just seem to be in the government’s pocket, their returns are always calculated lower than ufile, and it’s not because ufile is calculating incorrectly, we’ve never had CRA take issue with ufile’s calculations, and we’ve been using ufile since 2010. If they made more improvements I would be a lot more proactive about recommending it to others. 

UB2467197

My deepest sympathies to you Lizbz. I've been trying to get this program working since yesterday.  

Made a special trip to purchase it and then spent the entire day loading, uninstalling and loading. Initial program from CD executed.  Once thee update was applied would no longer execute.  I tried downloading the online file and it never would execute.  Tried  a repair and gave me Error Code  1612.   And I did ask for help 4 times. Still no response and the supposed phone lines do not exist.

I had always liked this program and have used it for at least 3 years.  But this is ridiculous.  I have no more time for it.  Leaving now to get another program and get rid of this one.

Good luck with getting your money back.  I'm glad I decided to buy it at the store.

1 hour ago, smulcaster@gmail.com said:

UB2467197

My deepest sympathies to you Lizbz. I've been trying to get this program working since yesterday.  

Made a special trip to purchase it and then spent the entire day loading, uninstalling and loading. Initial program from CD executed.  Once thee update was applied would no longer execute.  I tried downloading the online file and it never would execute.  Tried  a repair and gave me Error Code  1612.   And I did ask for help 4 times. Still no response and the supposed phone lines do not exist.

I had always liked this program and have used it for at least 3 years.  But this is ridiculous.  I have no more time for it.  Leaving now to get another program and get rid of this one.

Good luck with getting your money back.  I'm glad I decided to buy it at the store.

Oh wow, that sucks!! Sorry to hear you’re having so much trouble! For mine, they tried to tell me it was working again, and it was actually still not, so I was finally given a voucher to restart a new file without paying again for it, though it was like pulling teeth. Unfortunately it still didn’t work, it turns out the problem actually was on the CRA side (trying to netfile) and the first person I talked to there was inept, but the thing is, there wouldn’t have been an issue in the first place if ufile had shown prior to me trying to file that there was an error, if the error message that popped up AFTER I tried netfiling had been possible to understand, and if they didn’t have an option to claim something that couldn’t be claimed that way, which was the problem in the first place. Even a warning that the CRA locks your account after 5 unsuccessful tries to netfile would have been helpful! For my family, it’s worth it yet to continue with ufile, just because TurboTax and H&R Block both seem to be in the CRA’s pocket, trying to prevent people from claiming all they can from the government, but if I found another recommended site, I would definitely try it.

Hello smulcaster@gmail.com,

Error - 1612 - The installation source of this product is not available

The error 1612 can appear if you try to install the software, but it is already installed.

A. If  you bought a second software or additional returns, you do not need to reinstall it. You only need to add the activation code to the counter as follows:

1. Run your UFile program.
 2. Go to "Settings" menu from the top-right corner, and select "Tax return counter".
 3. Click on the "Add extra returns" button.
 4. Enter your activation key, and then click "OK".
 5. You should see your tax return counter increase accordingly.

B. If you bought only one software UFile, please remove and reinstall it.

To remove UFile for Windows follow these instructions:

1. Go to "Start".
2. Go to "Settings".
3. Select "Control Panel".
4. In the "Control Panel", select "Programs and Features".
5. Locate UFile 20xx and click "Remove".
6. Locate UFile Updater 20xx and click "Remove".

xx = the last two digits of the tax year

Reinstall the software by using the following link: http://downloads.drtax.ca/ufile/UF2017MQ2ZJCFIL0P8TNKOK8MlWK7/ufile2017.exe

Exact same thing just happened to me. Each time I try to email ufile, the whole site freezes. A year later and the same problem? I logged in to the CRA and it says that they were both submitted but on ufile, the account is locked.  Can't find a phone number for ufile, and can't contact them because their site keeps crashing... Not sure what to do.

If any customer service reps are monitoring this site, this is what i tried to send!! 

Hello. I had difficulty sending my netfile. My husbands was sent successfully and mine was rejected. But clicking my name somehow redirected to his. I tried a few times, and then his account was locked. I clicked on my name at the top and then it worked. However, his account is now locked and it says his form was rejected. I checked on the government website and it says that both were received successfully. How do I unlock his account now?

At least you got a reply. I've been waiting 5 days for a reply from "Support Assistant" and also from support@ufile.ca.

I tried calling an old telephone number, ‭1 (514) 733-8414‬, that seems to work but after 35 minutes on hold I gave up. I tried calling on Sunday and got a message saying to call back during office hours - no mention of what those hours are. It's tax season isn't it?

By the way, this is from the agreement:

3.1 Satisfaction Guarantee.

3.1.1 If you are not fully satisfied with UFile for Windows, you may obtain a full refund by sending DT Tax written notice along with your name and complete address (including postal code) and your original cash register receipt for UFile by mail: UFile, UFile Satisfaction Guarantee, 2400 Lucerne Road, Box 545 Montreal, Quebec H3R 2J8. Your request must be post-marked no later than sixty (60) days after the UFile purchase date. One (1) refund per customer only. DT Tax will provide a full refund of your UFile purchase price, along with the applicable sales tax for your purchase of UFile. Please allow four (4) to six (6) weeks for processing.

Has anyone else received a virus message when trying to download 2018 ufile?  I purchased it and got my activation code but my antivirus software (McAfee) will not let me download 2018 ufile as it says a virus is detected.... Like most other people on this page I am frustrated at the inability to contact customer service. I got the automated reaponse with a bunch of links that down answer my question.

I have used UFile for 2017 and 2018 ... during tax season and no issues. In fact I used my 2017 file to submit my late 2017 return in May of 2019. It had business statements T2125 & T2125P and it went through without a hitch. In the last week (Oct.2019) I have been attempting to file my 2018 tax return...pretty much the same as 2017 but higher income & expense values...all went well until I went to NetFile. Giving me a Warning but when I open the message it says it is an Electronic Error so I must paperfile. I have addressed the issue in the message and it is correct/fixed.

I also would like to SPEAK to a representative from UFile so we could walk through what is coming up on the screen. Have spoken to CRA and from their end their does not appear to be anything change wise that would prevent an exclusion to netfiling.

I am a past tax preparer for H&R Block so I DO know what I am doing tax wise. This is my first time with software/program problems.