Français
Sign in to follow this  
Michael86

REL 1 Box J not able to enter

Hello,

I am trying to determine why Box J of the REL 1 does not appear on the T4 for entering the amount. I found a written response online and I was also emailed this:

To enter the amount in Box J of the RL-1 slip, please follow these steps:

1- In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select the item "T4 and employment income".

2- On the screen to your right, click on the plus sign "+" icon to the right of the line "T4 and RL-1 (Relevé 1) income earned in Quebec with QPP contributions".

3- On the page that appears, enter the amount in Box J.

The issue is that there is NO BOX J on the "T4 and RL-1 (Relevé 1) income earned in Quebec with QPP contributions" T4.

I then called and after 2.5 hours finally got through to an agent (after having to call again after the call timed out) and still have no solution.

The tax software then creates a REL 1 that DOES NOT MATCH my actual REL 1 form as Box J is empty. I am looking for a solution!

Does anyone know if this would create more or less tax owing?

Thank you,

Michael

That's exactly what I was using. There's no box J. If you see one, show me the screenshot of that. I have all the UFILE updates installed up to now. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also having this issue. The J box does not appear if you select the form for working in Quebec, but not living there, and contributing to QPP.

It is on the form you get when you select the option for working in Quebec, residing elsewhere, but with CPP contributions (for all the good it does...)

The problem with the previous screenshot is:  it is a shot of T4 with CPP contributions.  I have the same problem.  Box J does not appear on the T4 with QPP contributions.  I work in Que but live in NS.  My T4 has QPP contributions on line 17.  Not CPP on line 16.  

Thanks.  

I have the exact same issue, and I'm going to repeat and emphasize AGAIN what people are asking here:

"There is no place to enter Box J on the form for T4/RL-1 with QPP contributions."

And I repeat again: on the form with ***QPP*** contribution, NOT CPP.

Update: I found the post linked below which suggests that Box J should be ignored if you're filing your return for Ontario.